Hardrock – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 8: Line 8:

--[[User:CrashDome|CrashDome]] 19:18, 20 December 2006 (CET)
--[[User:CrashDome|CrashDome]] 19:18, 20 December 2006 (CET)
OK, having looked more closely, I can see the benefits of "Learning to.." etc.. Maybe we cut it down a bit to reference the SQS and SQF pages?
Another note, I made the pages 'sqf syntax' and 'sqs syntax' when now I think it should have been capitalized i.e. 'SQF syntax'. Is that easy to change? --[[User:CrashDome|CrashDome]] 19:21, 20 December 2006 (CET)

== Notes to myself ==
== Notes to myself ==

Revision as of 20:21, 20 December 2006

Hardrock, I think you're complicating things more than needed with the seperate OFP and ArmA sections. Since most material applies to both equally, all that really is needed is definitions within each topic to cover differences. For example, I just created two pages SQS syntax and SQF syntax. Within each I discuss the minor differences. It is far to confusing to discuss topics under each stub like that. I understand your intentions and appreciate your work, but in all honesty this over-complicates things especially for newcomers. Here is my intentions:

SQS Syntax --> Language, Scripts, etc..
SQF Syntax --> Language, Scripts (OFP vs ArmA), touch on Functions (OFP vs Arma), etc..
   Functions ---> OFP vs Arma

That is all that is really needed

--CrashDome 19:18, 20 December 2006 (CET)

OK, having looked more closely, I can see the benefits of "Learning to.." etc.. Maybe we cut it down a bit to reference the SQS and SQF pages? Another note, I made the pages 'sqf syntax' and 'sqs syntax' when now I think it should have been capitalized i.e. 'SQF syntax'. Is that easy to change? --CrashDome 19:21, 20 December 2006 (CET)

Notes to myself

[x] reorganize arma section
[ ] reorganize ofp section
[ ] complete scripting pages
[ ] extend getting started in bi wikiing page - reading,
[ ] create category "Ambiguous" and add articles (f.i. Script)