Hardrock – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
Line 23: Line 23:

:::: I agree, but this was unfortunately not the case. People outside the wiki were moaning a lot that it would be completely useless. Or did it get that worse now? --[[User:Hardrock|hardrock]] 19:07, 22 December 2006 (CET)
:::: I agree, but this was unfortunately not the case. People outside the wiki were moaning a lot that it would be completely useless. Or did it get that worse now? --[[User:Hardrock|hardrock]] 19:07, 22 December 2006 (CET)
== Notes to myself ==
[x] reorganize arma section
[ ] reorganize ofp section
[ ] complete scripting pages
[ ] extend getting started in bi wikiing page - reading,

Revision as of 20:24, 22 December 2006

THANKS

Thanks a lot! You've done a hell of a job (together with CrashDome and T_D)! All coming scripters owe you a beer or two ;)

--raedor 07:52, 22 December 2006 (CET)

agreed - a real freak =)
cheers ! --WGL.Q 17:28, 22 December 2006 (CET)

WTF??? Now you've changed all the diagrams I made? Seriously, what is wrong with you people? I spent time and effort doing research and working on diagrams only to have *literally* everything I wrote gone within 48 hours. This is bullshit and if this is what the idea of this wiki is going to be, I want no part of it. I will NOT have my efforts erased and replaced like this. Those diagrams are terrible and even more confusing than what I originally made. Not a single new person is going to look at them and feel comfortable with what they say. I understand people wil make corrections over time, but this wiki has been over-run with troll-like behavior where whatever you put in gets wiped out by someone else ripping off your idea and making it so called "better" within hours. Is this the kind of behavior you want to encourage the community with? No one is going to want to contribute if it gets deleted/overwritten right away. I have had this problem all but once. Only with the FSM page have I not seen my work deleted. I suspect that given time, someone will divide that page up and make chaos out of that also. Fuck this - I am not touching this place again --CrashDome 17:55, 22 December 2006 (CET)

In theory a Wiki is supposed to be a "democratic" place...
Before one undertakes major restructuring of any content there should be some discussion about this (that's, after all, what the talk pages are for), and once people have come to a consensus one should go ahead and do those changes. (That is, unless those changes came directly from the operators/owners of the Wiki, or it is on some uncontroversial issues - but I guess this was not quite the case here).
So, Hardrock... While I do appreciate the work you've been putting into this Wiki, I'm not quite happy with some of the changes either, and would've appreciated some public discussion beforehand.
Perhaps next time? ;) Thanks! --Kronzky 18:35, 22 December 2006 (CET)
Well, I'm sorry about the lack of discussion. But I only had these two days to work a lot on the wiki. If we would have spent these to days discussing, I could have done exactly nothing. Sorry about this arrogant lonesome-wolf style, but I wanted to use the time and give something back to this wiki while I can. --hardrock 18:53, 22 December 2006 (CET)
Yeah, that's the drawback of democracies - they're not very "efficient"... ;)
But doing nothing may not be such a terrible thing, after all. If no consensus can be reached, then that is probably because there were just as many people perfectly happy with the status quo, as there are people who might want change.
But the only way to find this out is to have a discussion about it first... --Kronzky 19:04, 22 December 2006 (CET)
I agree, but this was unfortunately not the case. People outside the wiki were moaning a lot that it would be completely useless. Or did it get that worse now? --hardrock 19:07, 22 December 2006 (CET)