Krzmbrzl00 – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Thanks Krzmbrzl00 for your contribution :-)

No edit summary
Line 14: Line 14:

I'm genuinely grateful for your effort in adding the note, and hope you continue to help build this documentation.&nbsp;--&nbsp;[[User:Fred Gandt|Fred Gandt]]&nbsp;<span style="font-size:80%;vertical-align:3px;line-height:0px;">([[User talk:Fred Gandt|talk]]|[[Special:Contributions/Fred Gandt|contribs]])</span> 02:09, 20 June 2014 (CEST)
I'm genuinely grateful for your effort in adding the note, and hope you continue to help build this documentation.&nbsp;--&nbsp;[[User:Fred Gandt|Fred Gandt]]&nbsp;<span style="font-size:80%;vertical-align:3px;line-height:0px;">([[User talk:Fred Gandt|talk]]|[[Special:Contributions/Fred Gandt|contribs]])</span> 02:09, 20 June 2014 (CEST)
Hello, <br>
I'm new to ArmA-Scripting and it really took me a while to figure that out although I have read the description. So I think this comment is useful to everyone who has just started scripting and is not quite used to the "complicated" description of the commands. And in my opinion the BIS-wiki should be helpful for everyone and not just for the experienced scripter.
And I want to thank [[User:Fred Gandt|Fred Gandt]] for editing my note (I think it's now better structured). <br>Greets [[User:Krzmbrzl00|Krzmbrzl00]]

Revision as of 12:09, 20 June 2014

Notes on addAction

Hi Krzmbrzl00, as addAction, a standalone EH, it is obviously treated as a scope where outside private variables cannot be passed inside directly. Your note has already been mentioned in the body itself, so could you please modify your note and make this page tidier? Thanks – ffur2007slx2_5

Hi Krzmbrzl00.

Thanks for adding the note. I'm not sure if I already knew that or not :-/

Seeing it written down in black and white certainly helps me remember though, so that's good :-)

I do however agree somewhat with Ffur2007slx2_5 that it seemed (in part) to state what was already stated in the "Description" and "Examples". However, the extra info (or at least the clarification of it) that a script's local vars would be poopy if used in the body of the action code is perfectly valid note material, and to that end, I've reworked your note.

I'm sorry if that feels a bit crappy, like I just pissed on your fire, but I mean no disrespect by it.

I'm genuinely grateful for your effort in adding the note, and hope you continue to help build this documentation. -- Fred Gandt (talk|contribs) 02:09, 20 June 2014 (CEST)

Hello,
I'm new to ArmA-Scripting and it really took me a while to figure that out although I have read the description. So I think this comment is useful to everyone who has just started scripting and is not quite used to the "complicated" description of the commands. And in my opinion the BIS-wiki should be helpful for everyone and not just for the experienced scripter. And I want to thank Fred Gandt for editing my note (I think it's now better structured).
Greets Krzmbrzl00