Mikero – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

I edited several changes you made about scripting types, because they were not valid for scripting. I suppose you mixed scripting and config writing here. --Suma 11:41, 30 June 2006 (CEST)

yes. i did. Since there's nothing really 'out there' for addon token names, i'm starting somewhere

Hi Mikero, please check this. Thanks.

--Raedor 13:19, 3 July 2006 (CEST)

done, thanks

--ook? 14:37, 7 July 2006 (CEST)

Terry Pratchett fan?

Just wondered, because of your alias :-) --hardrock 01:57, 21 July 2006 (CEST)

I would sometimes prefer my Sig to be Vimes ); --ook? 02:00, 21 July 2006 (CEST)

here we go ook?

Why are you adding the return value in the command syntax?? Isn't it obvious with the return value section? --Doolittle 07:48, 25 August 2007 (CEST)

because they are far from obvious. They are syntactically incorrect not to state the return value in those instances

it is far easier to see them 'at a glance' ook?

Thanks for the good updates you are doing in the BIKI Mikero! --WGL.Q 09:13, 25 August 2007 (CEST)

thanks, Q. I am writing a sqs/sqf grammar (lint) checker to get over the need to run the scripts real-time to discover errors and typis. So, just going thru each command in my own engine and fixing up the wiki as I go.

Incredible work here, Mikero :) Thks for all.--Whisper 16:37, 27 August 2007 (CEST)

Minor edits?

It seems to me you are routinely marking your edits as minor, even when in fact they are not - can you please check if it is what you intended? In Wiki change is considered minor when it changes only a formatting or fixing a typo. Any change into the structure or content should not be considered minor. --Suma 10:28, 6 September 2007 (CEST)

Syntax style guidelines

It seems to me we should formalise some guidelines about how is command syntax written, as currently the style seems to be somewhat inconsistent. I am creating a new policy page for this, with a discussion:

Policy: Scripting Command Page Syntax

Mikero, please, stop changing the style of the scripting command descriptions until something is agreed about this. --Suma 10:38, 6 September 2007 (CEST)

Also, can you please change your wiki signature to something containing your nick, so that it is obvious at first sight which discussion posts are by you? Having to remember it is you who signs his post as ook is not very comfortable. --Suma 17:00, 6 September 2007 (CEST)

String to Code

You change quite a few commands from accepting String as a parameter to Code. ctrlSetEventHandler or OnMapSingleClick being some of them. Maybe this will change in 1.09 or I have a different version of ArmA , but in my version this commands require Strings and will result in an error if supplied with Code. Some clarification on those changes would be appreciated. --lwlooz 15:15, 6 September 2007 (CEST)

thanks for that, i have reverted ctrlSetEventHandler along with ctlbutton you are quite correct
onMapSingleClick is as per the ofpec comref as is 'correct' using brace

ook? 02:57, 7 September 2007 (CEST)

my shiny new sig

Mikero 05:46, 8 September 2007 (CEST)

Mein Gott! IT verKS!

hey Mikero :)

good to see you back in action! We have a project going that should be of interest for you as well. Unfortunately I lost your Skype ID. Can you please send it to me again via the BI forum PM. cheers!

--PROPER Q 09:29, 5 December 2008 (CET)

Sorry. I switch skype accounts. So not possible to receive your message there.
Either BI forum PM or OFPEC PM. Ceers!

--PROPER Q 14:08, 5 December 2008 (CET)

Preview

Thanks for all the contributions - they're really appreciated. But it would be really nice if you could use the Preview button a bit more often. It would make things easier for those of us scanning the general edit history, to keep track of what's going on... Thanks! --Kronzky 01:59, 11 January 2009 (CET)

I understand the problem, and am annoyed by it myself. The trouble is I am on a quite unstable sattelite connection in the middle of the South Pacific (Norfolk Island) that quite often drops packets. If I edit a large body of text, i run the risk of losing it all. Regardless, I'll do my best to limit the noise. Mikero (nee Ook?)
Well you can group recent changes of the same type. Maybe a fair default setting?
Special:Preferences#prefsection-7
Enhanced recent changes (JavaScript) --PROPER Q 09:06, 11 January 2009 (CET)

Deleting redirects

Is this the way you "delete" pages? If so, please use the request deletion template instead ;) --T_D 09:07, 17 May 2010 (CEST)

it would help if i knew what i was doing. what delete template?

Mikero (nee Ook?) 14:28, 17 May 2010 (CEST)