Richardbiely – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "Killzone Kid" to "Killzone_Kid")

(5 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:
Regards,
Regards,

[[User:Killzone Kid|Killzone Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone Kid|talk]]) 18:56, 27 May 2015 (CEST)
[[User:Killzone_Kid|Killzone_Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone_Kid|talk]]) 18:56, 27 May 2015 (CEST)

:I agree with this. Perhaps this could be achieved in the form of a new event handler. Passed arguments could be origin client ID, UID, Player profile name, remote execution target/s and executed command/function and arguments. This would really help sever admins keep track of network activity for security purposes. [[User:Benargee|Benargee]] ([[User talk:Benargee|talk]]) 19:51, 27 May 2015 (CEST)
:I agree with this. Perhaps this could be achieved in the form of a new event handler. Passed arguments could be origin client ID, UID, Player profile name, remote execution target/s and executed command/function and arguments. This would really help sever admins keep track of network activity for security purposes. [[User:Benargee|Benargee]] ([[User talk:Benargee|talk]]) 19:51, 27 May 2015 (CEST)
Line 13: Line 13:
::Adding origin ID is already considered and will very likely be implemented in the near future for security purposes. However, I'm currently not sure if we want it exposed to clients this way. [[User:Richardbiely|Richardbiely]] ([[User talk:Richardbiely|talk]]) 6:41, 28 May 2015 (CEST)
::Adding origin ID is already considered and will very likely be implemented in the near future for security purposes. However, I'm currently not sure if we want it exposed to clients this way. [[User:Richardbiely|Richardbiely]] ([[User talk:Richardbiely|talk]]) 6:41, 28 May 2015 (CEST)

:::The clents have no business knowing this, this is why it would be nice if this is available on server only as suggested above :) [[User:Killzone Kid|Killzone Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone Kid|talk]]) 07:58, 28 May 2015 (CEST)
:::The clents have no business knowing this, this is why it would be nice if this is available on server only as suggested above :) [[User:Killzone_Kid|Killzone_Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone_Kid|talk]]) 07:58, 28 May 2015 (CEST)

== remoteexeccall return ==
== RVExtensionArgs ==

Hello Richard,
Hi Richard,<br>

I see you added a new DLL function RVExtensionArgs() on the '''[[Extensions]]''' page. Do you have any sqf syntax examples to interface with this new function? I assume its just an alternative syntax to '''[[callExtension]]'''. It would be nice to have both sides of the documentation. I would also like to know what version this is currently available in and when it might hit stable? <br>
Is it possible to make remoteexeccall to return result of local execution call if no jipflag is provided. you see if remote exec is used strictly locally it is possible to jump from scheduled environment into umscheduled and back to scheduled. Because there is no return fromthe command with result of execution one will need to create global var to work around it, I tought extending command a bit would make it even more valuable.
Thanks

Regards,

[[User:Killzone Kid|Killzone Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone Kid|talk]]) 11:30, 28 May 2015 (CEST)

Latest revision as of 14:48, 12 March 2024

remoteExec

Dear Richard,

Would it be possible to somehow add a feature to remoteExecXXX command that would report the owner of the call origin? So the server can find out who used remoteExec and with what params.

Regards,

Killzone_Kid (talk) 18:56, 27 May 2015 (CEST)

I agree with this. Perhaps this could be achieved in the form of a new event handler. Passed arguments could be origin client ID, UID, Player profile name, remote execution target/s and executed command/function and arguments. This would really help sever admins keep track of network activity for security purposes. Benargee (talk) 19:51, 27 May 2015 (CEST)
Adding origin ID is already considered and will very likely be implemented in the near future for security purposes. However, I'm currently not sure if we want it exposed to clients this way. Richardbiely (talk) 6:41, 28 May 2015 (CEST)
The clents have no business knowing this, this is why it would be nice if this is available on server only as suggested above :) Killzone_Kid (talk) 07:58, 28 May 2015 (CEST)

RVExtensionArgs

Hi Richard,
I see you added a new DLL function RVExtensionArgs() on the Extensions page. Do you have any sqf syntax examples to interface with this new function? I assume its just an alternative syntax to callExtension. It would be nice to have both sides of the documentation. I would also like to know what version this is currently available in and when it might hit stable?
Thanks