SilentSpike – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 21:54, 23 July 2016 by Killzone Kid (talk | contribs) (→‎eyeDirection: new section)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Regarding your edit of SL_HORZ. 0x400 is Hex representation of decimal 1024. Control can understand either --KK

Ah right, didn't even consider that because two of the styles had the same definition and I figured the VBS wiki was likely more accurate. Thanks for clarifying. --SS

Regarding listscroll vs scroll. The listscroll was added by BIS dev recenly, see history of edits, was this incorrect? --Kk

In my experience yes, Arma gave me an error about there being no ScrollBar class when I used the previous example (this was however Arma 2, it's possible they changed the class name in A3). --SS
Would you mind restoring dev's note indicating it is applicable to Arma 3 only? --KK
No problem. How's that? --SS
I have noticed some older examples have been deleted, so I restored them, please check if I overwritten anything --KK
Looks good to me --SS

re: isNull vs isNil

Would you mind explaining your edit? It is ambiguous as to what you are supposed to test for isNil. I have just checked and _this select 1 returns objNull on mission start. What do you mean it is unreliable? Have you got any evidence? Killzone Kid (talk) 16:20, 28 January 2015 (CET)

_this select 1 does indeed return objNull on mission start, however it also sometimes returns objNull in future respawns. The only evidence I have is that during a mission I recently made not all players ended up having the respawn code run upon respawn, but instead had the mission start code run again (disposal manager disabled, no code that would cleanup the bodies, just a simple isNull check, etc.). I'm not sure how to reproduce that consistently though as it is probably due to network variance.

As for the isNil check, something like this has fixed the problem in the aforementioned mission:

if (isNil "UniqueVariableForDetectingRespawnAtStart") then {
UniqueVariableForDetectingRespawnAtStart = true;

} else {

};

I wasn't entirely sure how to express it eloquently --SS
I understand now, however I don't understand your edit, because current wording (I reverted it) is more than accurate for what this script does. If you have a problem with reliability, you should submit a ticket and repro to feedback tracker so it could be investigated. As for detecting start of the mission, there has to be a better place on biki to suggest it rather than trying to squeeze it on scripted EH page. Killzone Kid (talk) 19:37, 28 January 2015 (CET)
How do you feel about removing the text from "you can use..." onward? The reason I changed it was mainly to avoid others running into the same issue as I did due to the inaccuracy in that statement (after it came up in a forum thread recently). I actually added the part about it firing at mission start originally in case you're worried I'm removing someone else's work. --SS
If you want to remove the mention of mission start detection, fine with me. It should just say, when player spawns for the first time, oldUnit is null. Killzone Kid (talk) 21:58, 29 January 2015 (CET)

allowDamage

I have explained this here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/User_talk:Commy2 Killzone Kid (talk) 17:44, 17 October 2015 (CEST)

I see, thanks! --SS (talk) 18:28, 17 October 2015 (CEST)

allPlayers

I have reverted your edit, because it changed description as well as one of the examples to the older version. I hope this was not intended Killzone Kid (talk) 02:51, 19 December 2015 (CET)

Thanks, I didn't catch that, the biki software must have got confused or something as that definitely wasn't intended --SS (talk) 17:56, 19 December 2015 (CET)

eyeDirection

You are right, it was a bit misleading. Not sure if something changed or I made mistake originally. Corrected. Killzone Kid (talk) 21:54, 23 July 2016 (CEST)