Suma – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(GUI)
m (Old content removed)
Line 1: Line 1:
== Animation Sources ==
I have a problem. I am using the sources wheelL and wheelR for my animations. But I would like to change the returned values  (for example using sinus function) maybe by using a custom AnimationSource class. But I need to know how to do calculations with the returned value of the default sources. Is this possible? Thx in advance --[[User:T D|T_D]] 23:07, 1 March 2007 (CET)

== cfgAmmo Config Reference ==
Hi Suma, thanks for your changes to the [[CfgAmmo Config Reference]].
Concerning the damage, could you please clarify the explosive damage a bit more, it seems a bit vague currently.
Does explosive mean that the ammo does an additional explosive damage or does it mean that the explosive value is subtracted from the hit damage?
Example:
hit=20;
explosive=10;
*Ammo does 30 damage in total: 20 kinetic, 10 explosive<br>
*Ammo does 20 damage in total: 10 explosive and 20 - 10 = 10 kinetic
Which one is correct? :-)
Thanks in advance and cheers,
--[[User:TeRp|TeRp]] 02:36, 21 January 2007 (CET)
:Almost correct is this one. Ammo does 20 damage in total: 10 explosive and 20 - 10 = 10 kinetic. However, explosive is given a as a ratio, and should be 0.5 and not 10. --[[User:Suma|Suma]] 12:42, 22 January 2007 (CET)
:: And what if Indirecthit value is bigger then hit value ? How damaged is calculated in this case ? In OFP I got some strange results... :( --[[User:Bdfy|bdfy]] 12:42, 22 January 2007 (CET)
:::This is a config bug, then. This means direct damage is negative - which can confuse the system. --[[User:Suma|Suma]] 14:22, 14 February 2007 (CET)
::::The damage is positive, but calculated differently (not just total hit = damage direct - indirect damage ). High indirecthit values (with low hit ones ) are the only way in OFP\Arma to get bots fire at soft targets with HE shells not AP ones ( any cost tweaks do not give good results ). That's why i'm interested in it.
:::::Such tweak is incorrect. Internally the engine separates damage to two parts, direct and indirect, by subtracting indirect from total. --[[User:Suma|Suma]] 15:39, 14 February 2007 (CET)
::::::Yep. It's unsolicited, but is already made for the entire Liberation Mod. :) Is there any good way to learn bots to select specific weapon for different types of target ? Is this possible to know some formula or algorithm ? From what i know ammo/target costs, armor , hit values, weapon's engage range is taken into considaration. But tweaking all this using only experimental data is impossible :( --[[User:Bdfy|bdfy]]
::::Awww, [http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=51;t=24657;st=17 I so wish I had such informations years ago]. Is there a detailed description of the damage system now? (sorry to post that in Suma's page, I stumble on this inof while looking for damage descriptions)--[[User:Whisper|Whisper]] 18:18, 14 February 2007 (CET)
:::::Damage calculation for OFP was quite easy. Damage(hit) dependence was polynomial ( degree 2 ) and it was possible to calculate all needed koefs for every vehicle. I can only wonder what it's now with typicalspeed involved cause there're no way at the moment to write data from the game into the external file to explore :( --[[User:Bdfy|bdfy]]
Lets try not to bug developers any more then necessary.  [[User:Hoz|hoz]]
== GUI ==
I've recently added the topic [[Dialogs]] (as defined in description.ext, et al.) to my personal Biki-ToDo list. I've already crawled some resources covering the dialogs in ''Operation Flashpoint'' and I did some tinkering and toying with dialogs in ArmA. Have there been any major changes in ArmA compared to OFP's dialogs? Or can I base my articles on old OFP documentation (e.g. Vektorboson's tutorial). Any piece of information, hints or advices are heartily welcome (e.g. if there's any useful and/or virtal information hidden in pbos), if you have the time to comment on that topic. Thanks in advance, -- [[User:Manny|Manny]] 19:34, 5 May 2007 (CEST)

Revision as of 11:47, 6 September 2007