Suma – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
m (Reverted edits by Heecf..... (talk) to last revision by Suma)

(10 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
==Command Reference==
Suma, when you have a chance please review [[processInitCommands]] and [[runInitScript]] there is some confusion on version introduced. Perhaps these commands shouldn't have been included in the Comref. [[terminate]] doesn't have a description. tx [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 04:40, 29 September 2006 (CEST)

== cfgAmmo Config Reference ==
Hi Suma, thanks for your changes to the [[CfgAmmo Config Reference]].
Concerning the damage, could you please clarify the explosive damage a bit more, it seems a bit vague currently.
Does explosive mean that the ammo does an additional explosive damage or does it mean that the explosive value is subtracted from the hit damage?
Example:
hit=20;
explosive=10;
*Ammo does 30 damage in total: 20 kinetic, 10 explosive<br>
*Ammo does 20 damage in total: 10 explosive and 20 - 10 = 10 kinetic
Which one is correct? :-)
Thanks in advance and cheers,
--[[User:TeRp|TeRp]] 02:36, 21 January 2007 (CET)
:Almost correct is this one. Ammo does 20 damage in total: 10 explosive and 20 - 10 = 10 kinetic. However, explosive is given a as a ratio, and should be 0.5 and not 10. --[[User:Suma|Suma]] 12:42, 22 January 2007 (CET)
:: And what if Indirecthit value is bigger then hit value ? How damaged is calculated in this case ? In OFP I got some strange results... :( --[[User:Bdfy|bdfy]] 12:42, 22 January 2007 (CET)
:::This is a config bug, then. This means direct damage is negative - which can confuse the system. --[[User:Suma|Suma]] 14:22, 14 February 2007 (CET)
::::The damage is positive, but calculated differently (not just total hit = damage direct - indirect damage ). High indirecthit values (with low hit ones ) are the only way in OFP\Arma to get bots fire at soft targets with HE shells not AP ones ( any cost tweaks do not give good results ). That's why i'm interested in it.
:::::Such tweak is incorrect. Internally the engine separates damage to two parts, direct and indirect, by subtracting indirect from total. --[[User:Suma|Suma]] 15:39, 14 February 2007 (CET)
::::::Yep. It's unsolicited, but is already made for the entire Liberation Mod. :) Is there any good way to learn bots to select specific weapon for different types of target ? Is this possible to know some formula or algorithm ? From what i know ammo/target costs, armor , hit values, weapon's engage range is taken into considaration. But tweaking all this using only experimental data is impossible :( --[[User:Bdfy|bdfy]]
::::Awww, [http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=51;t=24657;st=17 I so wish I had such informations years ago]. Is there a detailed description of the damage system now? (sorry to post that in Suma's page, I stumble on this inof while looking for damage descriptions)--[[User:Whisper|Whisper]] 18:18, 14 February 2007 (CET)
:::::Damage calculation for OFP was quite easy. Damage(hit) dependence was polynomial ( degree 2 ) and it was possible to calculate all needed koefs for every vehicle. I can only wonder what it's now with typicalspeed involved cause there're no way at the moment to write data from the game into the external file to explore :( --[[User:Bdfy|bdfy]]
== Is there a chance one of your team can test my app ==
Hi Suma i was wondering if one of your team would be willing to test and report back on my dedicated server setup tool maybe soem hints and tips not yet placed in the wiki my tool is [[ArmAtechSquad_Dedicated_Server_Tool]]  Any help would be great as i would like to go to final stages before the 17th. Thanks [[User:ArmAtec|ArmAtec]]

Latest revision as of 01:28, 21 August 2012