TomNedry – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 11:07, 1 August 2008 by TomNedry (talk | contribs) (→‎Squad XSLT: Reply)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Hi Tom,
Please use the "Show preview" at the bottom of the screen when you're editing pages. Otherwise the log gets filled with dozens of entries from your edits (like this), making it a lot harder to use. Thanks! --Kronzky 01:25, 22 January 2007 (CET)

You're absolutely right! I'm awfully sorry and i'll do it better from now on...--TomNedry 01:56, 22 January 2007 (CET)

Squad XSLT

Hi there.

I've had a look on the xsl file you provided in the squad.xml article. Don't take it as an offense, but I'd like to share a few thoughts with you concerning possible standard violations. I'd like to underline that my message here is merely a recommendation than a rant.

• You mix uppercase and lowercase for your attribute and element names. Honestly I do not which standard that was, but at one point the W3C specified (?, or recommended, I've forgotten :-(), that they should be lowercase.
  • You are using quotation marks in line 137 (col. 3 and 13). If I recall correctly you'd have to use " there.
  • The CSS-files has lots of redundancy. You might be able to cut the file size by making use of overriding (i.e. you could just denote text-decoration: none for the a tag and remove all other occurances in a:*. And you might want to consider using tr.one, tr.two, td.one, td.two, .main, .sqd_info /* et al */ { width: 100% } and remove further occurances for this specification. Same with padding, vertical-align, et al. Also, font-family is very redundant in most declarations. body should already be setting it for pretty much every child node.

Sincerely, -- Manny 13:18, 23 April 2007 (CEST)

Hi Manny,
You're right at all. I intended just a working example, which would fit my urgent needs. As it's the principle of a Wiki you're welcomed to contribute a cleaner version of the *.xml...
Greetings, --TomNedry 11:07, 1 August 2008 (CEST)