isNil: Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
(Clarified what this does.)
Line 7: Line 7:
____________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________

| Tests whether the variable is null. The function returns true if the variable is null and false if it's not. |= Description
| Tests whether the expression result is undefined. Most common use is to check when a variable is undefined. The function returns true if the expression is undefined (i.e. the expression result is [[Void]] and false if it is defined. |= Description

Revision as of 11:14, 7 September 2007

-wrong parameter ("Arma") defined!-1.00
Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Tests whether the expression result is undefined. Most common use is to check when a variable is undefined. The function returns true if the expression is undefined (i.e. the expression result is Void and false if it is defined.
Groups:
Uncategorised

Syntax

Syntax:
Boolean = isnil variable
Parameters:
variable: String or Code
Return Value:
Boolean

Examples

Example 1:
if (isnil ("_pokus")) then {_pokus=0;}

Additional Information

See also:
See also needed

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note

Notes

ColonelSandersLite

I recently had a strange experience with this command. I forgot to wrap the name of the variable with quotes, and it returned the opposite of the true null status of the variable. Just something to watch out for.

Bottom Section