|active: Angie, Belisar, Black@Dragon, C.Lupus.M, CMW, Comanche, Corp, Delta One, DrHonigtau, Easy Trub, Evil, Fola, Freakout, Jutsche, Khaine, MathMagic, Methew201, Neophyte, Nightwish, Prätorianer, Seth, Storm, Timmey, Wolf; inactive: Attack, Baderborn, BTrug, Cokemik, Electrosphere, Kanni, Lestat, Sass, Schmerzbringer, Scorpion, Sidewinder, Sonar; tryouts: Angelus, Drakon, Ghaz, Jeff, Pueppie, TheSilencer|
|too many to mention them all|
|OFP-BL Season 05 Winner
ESL Teamplay Cup Winner
ESL Teamplay Ladder 1st Place
6x 1st, 8x 2nd, 5x 3rd places @ LANs
|11.11.2000 by Corp, CodeRed, Killer|
AGSF.eSports e.V. (Austrian German Special Forces) is an incorporated society for electronic games with focus on Operation Flashpoint & Armed Assault.
- 1 Name, clantag and logo
- 2 Philosophy
- 3 History
- 4 Structure
- 5 Gameserver
- 6 Community & Projects
- 7 Participated Leagues and Tournaments
- 8 Partners & Friends
- 9 Links
- Name and clantag
The three founders looked for a name to identify with, and it had to allow a unique clantag. Expressing their desire to act as a skilled team and mentioning their home countries, they founded the Austrian German - Special Forces, short [AGSF]. As the Clan became a registered eSports association, the name was changed to AGSF.eSports e.V., basically to provide for a more professional look. The current clantag is AGSF|Nickname.eSports. The german abbreviation "e.V." means "registered association".
It was a long process till we came upon our actual logo. You can see on the right where we started :)
According to the statutes, we focus on providing a platform for successful computer gaming in a well-organised team. However, our most important goal is to establish long term relationships between our members.
- November, 11th: AGSF founded as a clan in a Gamespy lobby.
- First trainpartnership with the USI - Reached 10 members for the first time
- May, 13th: Our "Everon War" trailer was on TV @ NBC "Giga Games" - July, 7th: Enlisted in the OFP-Arena league - August, 4th: Enlisted in the Electronic Sports League - December, 1st: The 1st December incident - December, 29th: New Year's membersmeeting in Berlin
- January, 17th: Sections Evolution and Unreal Tournament opened - February, 7th: Golden Web award archieved - March, 26th: Enlisted in the IXXL league - May, 1st: Partnership with the Wolfsrudel - Real Time Strategy Section opened - October, 1st: Section Americas Army opened
- February, 14th: Section WC3 TFT opened - April, 19th: IG eSports for CCG founded - June, 7th: Section Live for Speed opened - September, 11th: Section Eve online opened - October, 27th: Webpage reached 100.000 unique hits
The committee consists of eight persons and is reelected every year by all members during the general meeting. Every member may apply for every position in the committee. Its current members can be viewed here: Committee
- Chairman and vice chairman
Their task is to represent the association in public, to take care of the members and their needs, to establish and foster contacts to other clans and to do the administrative work.
- Cashier and vice cashier
They take care of all money related things, e.g. collecting and listing membership fees and paying the association's monthly bills.
- Secretary and vice secretary
Primary they handle the official correspondence and publish news. Furthermore they assist the chairman in administrative affairs.
- Financial controllers (2x)
Twice a year they review the books and investigate the financial actions taken by the cashier and the vice cashier.
Armed Assault is our new hope for the next years. With 15+ members from the beginning, we´re in a good position to start. AGSF.arma is open for applies if you are 16 years of age or older.
AGSF.ofp is our most famous section. Temporary with 60 members or more, we never had a lack of players . We have won most leagues and trophys in which we participated. AGSF.ofp is still open for funmatches, although all members have moved to AGSF.arma .
The Battlefield 2 section was founded originally as a temporary solution to get over the time till the release of Armed Assault. Meanwhile it has evolved to a fully functional standalone section which participates with moderate success in several leagues.
This is our "Real Time Strategy" section (RTS) which is currently completely inactive due to its lack of a game worthy to play.
This section contains all players who like to play just for fun and have no semi-professional ambitions. Retired players, who have become good friends to us, also often stay in AGSF.fun to keep in touch with us.
We rent a rootserver from NGZ which has the following specifications:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
- 2048 MB registered RAM
- 1GBit Fullduplex Connection
- Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
This allows us to provide multiple gameservers (listed below) to the community:
- AGSF Felder der Ehre I 220.127.116.11:3400 Public1st Person Server
- AGSF Felder der Ehre II 18.104.22.168:3300 Public3rd Person Server
- AGSF Felder der Ehre III 22.214.171.124:3500 Train/War Server
- AGSF Felder der Ehre IV 126.96.36.199:3600 PublicMod Server (planned)
Community Area @ Armed-Assault.de
We maintain an own area at Armed-Assault.de, where we act as community news editors and provide relevant information from and for the community.
Red Planet LAN party
After 5 years of visiting different LAN parties as guests, we decided to arrange our own community LAN party, which was a great community event, and an even greater success for us. Red Planet II will take part with Armed Assault.
Clan Manager Pro
The Clan Manager Pro (CMPro) is a modular PHP and SQL based management system for clans which is freeware. Originally coded by Roland Ernst, we are betatesting and using it for over 3 years now.
Partnership with Project eSports
The project eSports offers services for clans. These services include check-ups of the infrastructure and appropriate enhancements, the establishment of a quality management system and the development of clan-specific software. We act as a betatesting instance for their services.