Arma 3: Characters Firegeometry Update
With this update, characters received updated fire geometries that aim to improve hit detection. To make the transition from old geometries to the new ones easier, an o2script was created (bundled with Arma 3 Tools), which allows for a quick update of any character p3d files.
- Arma 3 Tools installed
1. Navigate to Arma 3 Tools instalation directory and then go to ObjectBuilder\O2Scripts\CharacterFG folder
2. Find following batch file to perform drag & drop operations
Using drag and drop variant
Using drag & drop variant is quite easy. You can drag single files, multiple files or whole folders.
If addNewCharacterFG.bio2s script is missing in "ObjectBuilder\O2Scripts" folder, script will try to copy paste it to that location.
Finally, batch file will run that new o2script and process the p3d:
- Script will try to verify if there is already existing Fire Geometry
- If fire geometry is missing, script will exit!
- Otherwise, old Fire Geometry will be replaced by new, empty LOD
- In next step, new Fire Geometry will be merged from NewFireGeometryTemplate.p3d
- If everything succeed, file will be saved with all above modifications