Arma 3 Briefing
Although a briefing is fully optional, it is the first thing a player sees when playing your mission and there is no second chance for a first impression. There is no *default* briefing in Arma 3, but usually a briefing consists of:
- What is the mission about, tasks and goals.
- Some background story, why does the mission happen, what's the big picture?
- Steps the player is supposed to do chronologically sorted.
- Call signs of the HQ and groups.
How to create a briefing and tasks
In Arma 3 briefings can be created either by using editor modules like Create Diary Module or scripting commands like:
Additionally, to create tasks, one can either use the Create Task Module or commands and functions like:
There are many formatting tags that can be incorporated in the strings for tasks and notes:
- To add a link to a marker: <marker name='obj1'>Link to Marker</marker>
- To show an image: <img image='somePic.jpg'/>
- Manipulate the image width and height like so: <img image='somePic.jpg' width='200' height='200'/>
- Coloured text: <font color='#A52A2A'>Some text</font color>
- Line break can be added with: <br/>
- <img image='\A3\weapons_F\Rifles\Khaybar\Data\UI\gear_Khaybar_GL_X_CA.paa' width='300' height='200'/>
- <font color='#A52A2A'>Some text</font color>
- <execute expression='systemChat str [0,0,0];'>Some expression</execute>