A server message is a message that is sent to the clients from the server at a given point in time.
- Indicates that the server message will be sent once after a player connects to the server.
- Indicates that the server message will be sending to all players repeatedly.
- Indicates that the server message will be sent to all players in a countdown manner.
- The message will be sent 90 minutes before the deadline is met, then 60 minutes, 45, 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, 2 and finally 1 minute before the deadline is met.
- Indicates that the server will shutdown after countdown reaches zero.
- If the Countdown flag is not set, this flag is ignored.
The maximum length of the message is 160 characters. User can place 3 different placeholders into the message's text:
- #name is replaced with the server's name
- #port is replaced with server's port
- #tmin is replaced with the number of minutes remaining in the countdown.
- only working when used with a Countdown flag.
Every property related to time in the server message is in minutes.
- Applied when the server message has On connect flag set.
- This value indicates how many minutes it will take before the message is sent to player.
- Value of zero means that the message will be sent immediately after the player connects to server.
- Applied when the server message has the Repeat flag set.
- This value controls the frequency of the message repetition.
- Applied when the server message has the Countdown flag set.
- Indicates how long it takes the countdown before it reaches zero.
Server messages can be added, updated or deleted in the messages.xml file (located in .\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\messages.xml, you may need to create it)
For automatic server termination set "deadline" and "shutdown" to enabled.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <messages> <!-- This is example message for automatic server termination --> <message> <!-- no delay --> <delay>0</delay> <!-- if the value is larger than 0, then flag Repeat is enabled --> <repeat>0</repeat> <!-- if the value is larger than 0, then flag Countdown is enabled, countdown reaches zero in 10 hours --> <deadline>600</deadline> <!-- disable On connect flag --> <onConnect>0</onConnect> <!-- enable Shutdown flag --> <shutdown>1</shutdown> <!-- message itself with placeholders --> <text>Hello, #name will shutdown in #tmin minutes.</text> </message> </messages>