Operation Flashpoint: Linux Server
The Linux version of Operation Flashpoint was released which is an alternative to the Windows OFPServer. This allows you to run the multiplayer server on just about any variety of Linux.
The current version of the Linux Server for OFP is 1.96
1. Following programs must have been installed on your Linux-box:
uudecode, gunzip, gcc. Optional: md5sum (for setup integrity check)
2. Copy the whole "OperationFlashpoint" directory from Windows to some Linux-directory (OFP).
Note: DON'T DO ANY DATA CONVERSIONS ("dos2unix" translation of text files is not necessary).
Example: You can use PKZIP (WinZip, PowerArchiver, etc.) on Windows and "unzip" on Linux. Don't use upper case letters in the OFP directory name
/home/bob/ofp will be good /home/bob/OperationFlashpoint may cause some troubles.
OFP directory should contain subdirectories "Addons", "Bin", "Campaigns", etc.
3. Copy the "server-x.xx.shar.gz" (x.xx is version number) file into the OFP directory. Unpack and install it with commands:
ofp$ gunzip server-x.xx.shar.gz ofp$ sh server-x.xx.shar
Watch the messages - they will inform you whether your installation is successful.
4. Dedicated server can be started in foreground:
Or in background:
ofp$ nohup ./server > out.txt 2> err.txt &  <pid>
5. Running server can be stopped by pressing CTRL+C (foreground) or by executing:
$ kill -s SIGINT <pid>
Where <pid> is process-id of mother server thread (printed out in "nohup" command).
The Linux Server executable can be found here (dead link).
Kegetys' packing script for Linux installations can be found here.
Linux OFP:R Server Setup Tutorial (dead link) on the BI Forums