Operation Flashpoint: Version History
From Bohemia Interactive Community
Operation Flashpoint Version History from v1.00 till v1.46
- 1 Patch v1.46
- 2 Patch v1.30
- 3 Patch v1.20
- 4 Patch v1.10
- Last-played campaign is selected in the Campaign book.
- When a user with a different version is connected, a message containing version information is shown.
- Colors in multiplayer setup dialogs.
- Soldiers are now better able to aim downwards.
- Support for simple tables in html files.
- New scripting function: array set [index,value].
- New scripting function: array resize newSize.
- Briefings can be previewed in the mission editor (hold SHIFT when pressing the "Preview" button).
- Two quote marks encountered in a script expression are parsed as a quote mark.
- When a starshell is lit, script onFlare.sqs in mission directory is called. Received [[R, G, B], gunner], where R, G, B is the light color from <0, 1>.
- Memory usage for MC animations optimized. Most MC Data loaded only when needed.
- SW T&L terrain color randomization removed. This makes terrain memory usage lower. Note: This feature was never present in HW T&L
- Fixed (1.46): Destroyed barrels and other empty objects are not reported in statistics nor added to score
- Fixed (1.46): More ammo for Reammo Ural (same as for Reammo 5tTruck).
- Fixed (1.46): Appropriate picture for Cessna.
- Fixed (1.46): 8 men can be transported in Hind's cargo.
- Fixed (1.46): Helicopter landing with keyboard impossible. When landing, helicopter stops hovering above the ground.
- Fixed (1.46): Bug in HW T&L code: Material change was sometimes not recognized when polygons shared texture. This caused some trees were rendered darker.
- Fixed (1.46): net.log file is not being created.
- Fixed (1.46): Grid location in map one digit only in 1.45
- Fixed: OGG and JPG files now not compressed during mission export; this bug resulted in ineffective streaming audio support in custom missions.
- Fixed: Barrels and similiar objects were indestructible.
- Fixed: Fuel stations now explode when destroyed.
- Fixed: Vehicle explosions caused no damage to nearby soldiers / objects.
- Fixed: Briefing HTML error could cause the game to crash during mission startup when malformed HTML was loaded in some custom missions.
- Fixed: Scripting: Leading and trailing spaces were considered to be a part of label name.
- Fixed: When an enemy was killed, the killer was always detected, even when there was no one able to detect him. (He was detected by the dead unit).
- Fixed: When out of memory, the application was crashing. A message should now be shown instead.
- Fixed: Years in dates now work properly.
- Fixed: Free look mode is now switched off when getting in/out of vehicle or when a mission is restarted.
- Fixed: When no display adapter is selected in preferences and no adapter is recognized, select the first one. This resolves the "Cannot create 3D device: Adapter -1" error message.
- Fixed: Airplane: Autodetection of joystick / keyboard thrust was wrong. After using joystick thrust it was impossible to switch back to keyboard thrust.
- Fixed: Airplane engines turned off on bumpy surfaces during takeoff, making takeoff with a joystick impossible outside the airport.
- Fixed: Windows clipboard copy sometimes did not work correctly when non-text data were already stored in cliboard.
- Fixed: Sometimes the camera followed the wrong person if two players got into a vehicle simultaneously in MP.
- Fixed: Tanks were jumping after being hit from small weapons.
- Fixed: Long environmental sounds streaming was not working.
- Added: Support for looping streaming sounds.
- Fixed: Scripting: Array parsing inside of brackets was wrong. Example of wrong expression: (+).
- Fixed: Crashes in MP if player waits in lobby and game is in progress
- Fixed: Great Monolith gradually growing out of the water after mission reload near A1 grid. (Thanks to WKK Gimbal for discovering when this bug happens.)
- Fixed: Random crash when custom face texture file was corrupted.
- Fixed: After MP game in roles display, commanders were red (non ready), but had not button "I'm ready".
- Fixed: MP: When moving during get in animation, player could see himself as running on top of a vehicle after getting in.
- Fixed: AI tanks were able to climb hills too fast.
- Fixed: Infinite loop in script caused game freeze.
- Fixed: CreateUnit failed when init was specified and could cause crash.
- Fixed: Crash in joining to empty group.
- Fixed: Dead AI unit blocked getting out for other AI units in the same vehicle.
- Changed: Limited helicopter climbing in high altitudes. Maximum possible altitude is now about 2500 m.
- Helicopter height limit when flying with keyboard removed in multiplayer or veteran mode. It is still used in SP cadet mode.
- Fixed: Helicopter collective was too sensitive near joystick center position.
- Cessna flight model and AI pilot improved. (Thanks to WKK Gimbal for a suggestion how to fix it.)
- Fixed: Airplane joystick throttle was reversed.
- Airplane climbing in high altitudes limited. Maximum possible altitude is now about 12000 m.
- Fixed: Player only partially removed from group after respawning to sea-gull. This caused corrupted group list drawing and repeating "xxx is down" message after "Report status" was issued.
- Fixed: Addons could change config entries that should not be changed, namely base class definiton of ,any class, leading to dammaged functionality or bogus "... uses modified config file" messages.
- Config protection message "... uses modified config file" is now more specific, the exact location of changed value is displayed.
- CfgSurfaces protected against addon modification.
- OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
- Steyr Aug
- M16 with optics
New single-player missions
- B01: Ground Attack II
- B02: HMMWV
- B03: Chinook
New multi-player missions
Fixes & Improvements
- Game lobby improved (Game in progress screen contain more information).
- Voting now possible (missions, kick, restart, reassign).
- Dedicated server is reporting itself to Gamespy.
- Network parameter adjustments can be made in Flashpoint.cfg.
- Bandwidth usage significantly optimized.
- Ping times are now shown in game lobby and in players overview.
- Decreased lag when hitting other units.
- Server performance (CPU load) improved.
- Server stability improved.
- Respawning bugs fixed.
- Vehicle boarding / disembarking / ejecting bugs fixed.
- Session stability bugs fixed.
- Fixed - AI killing team killers after respawn.
- Manual fire enabled if gunner is not another player.
- Fixed - unkickable ghost players occasionally appeared in player list.
- Fixed - helicopter gunner did not see any units on the radar.
- New laser target designators, laser guided bombs and missiles.
- Several crash bugs fixed.
- Speed of sound delay is now calculated for almost all sounds.
- New w-buffer and multitextuing options to help with compatibility issues (Video / Options).
- AI improved, better reaction to sound, improved bush visibility model.
- Several ammo and armor parameters were adjusted to be more realistic (including Sabot ammo, AA missiles, ZSU ammo, A10 armor).
- Boat bugs fixed (east boat gunner, water splash).
- Soldiers and cars can no longer stay and fire under water.
- Fixed minor bugs in HW T&L lighting model.
- Bullet tracers were missing since 1.20. They are now optional (see Options / Difficulty).
- Tank was wobbling when driving with mouse. Fixed.
- Airplane ground target engaging improved.
- Ejection from plane is real ejection, not only jumping out. AI attempts to eject from damaged plane or helicopter.
- Sky drawing optimized; this can help framerate in high resolutions.
- Empty tractor and sports cars were flying 1 m above ground. Fixed.
- iFeel mouse effects did not work. Fixed.
- When mission was saved while car was braking, car was sometimes frozen after load. Fixed.
- Player character was sprinting when running up very steep hill. Fixed.
(from v1.00 and v1.10)
- Steering wheel Force Feedback.
- iFeel mouse force feedback support.
- Joystick axis configuration.
- Joystick support.
- Pixel shader (1.0) used during night rendering.
- AT3 (BMP missile) is guided manually (when not locked).
- Configuration for zoom on right mouse button
- Rifle recoil to force feedback effect conversion
- Multiplayer mission wizard
- Dedicated server support
- Dedicated server command #shutdown
- Dedicated server command #reassign
- MP, Anticheat: Config integrity verification.
- MP, Anticheat: Exe integrity verification.
- Additional program parameters - port=... - password=...
- Damper effects on car wheels is stronger and better visible.
- Improved: Squad verification is processes on background and no longer causes server to wait.
- Server display design
- Context.bin contains more info about process memory.
- Tank climbing on very steep hills (45-60%)
- User actions enabled also for AI units
- Squad validation on server is now processed asynchronously
- Turret response to aiming quicker.
- MGun recoil effect was too strong, it was weakened.
- Temporary directory on server in now Tmp<port> instead of Tmp
- Multiplayer session description
- MP code
- Fixed: Lens-flares are no longer colored in night vision.
- Fixed: Night vision with HW T&L has no longer colored areas near light.
- Fixed: Bad state of main menu (no background cutscene). Happens after disconnect from multiplayer game started with command "-connect" or -host.
- Fixed: AI not attacking on weapon-less targets.* Fixed: Crew leg position after mounting vehicl on the hillside.
- Fixed: M2 static gun was visible on tank rada.
- Fixed: fire weapon effects in multiplayer
- Fixed: Discrepancy between conditions for getting in and automatical eject.
- Fixed: Landing autopilot now work for all planes both on Everon and Malden.
- Fixed: Random crash caused occasinally by helicopter flying in formation.
- Fixed: occasional random crash after unit destroyed.
- Fixed: Night landscape lighting (terrain was black sometimes even directly undeer lamppost).
- Fixed: Unit repeats ask for support
- Fixed: Boat gunner zoom is now limited.
- Fixed: Apache Hellfires disappers from pylons after release.
- Fixed: Texture mapping on flags (about 1/8 of texture was skipped).
- Fixed: Incorrect texture source (like JPG file not loaded) crashes.
- Fixed: drag & drop empty item in listbox disabled
- Fixed: Right mouse buttom always zoomed regardless of the controls customization.
- Fixed: Initial state of ammunition was bad on gunner's computer
- Fixed: bug in function "removeAction"
- Fixed: score does not work if squad id entered
- Multiplayer - Fixed: Ammo reload by gunner in MP (sabot / heat switching)
- Multiplayer - Fixed: changes of weapons in briefing are sent over network in MP
- AH64 "Apache"
- Ch47-D "Chinook"
- Sector Control (Team)
- Lost Squad (Cooperative)
- Return to Eden (Cooperative)
- Customised faces can now be inserted for use in multi-player games, in JPG format.
- "Walking" mode can be toggled with the 'F' key.
- It is now possible to turn while reloading.
- Weapon shadows now reflect the actual weapon held.
- You can now move when using optics while crouched.
- You will experience reduced weapon recoil when crouching.
- It is now possible to sprint when using an ironsight view.
- Even small hand injuries now cause some weapon trembling.
- Heavy breathing will cause increased weapon trembling.
- AI characters now use the "walking with rifle" animation when appropriate.
- The "NEXT WAYPOINT" command has been implemented for any selected unit - not just the player-commanded vehicle.
- A server can kick players from the "Players" dialog.
- A warning message box will be shown in the server briefing if all players are not ready.
- Blood now appears before an injury is critical.
- Titles were shown at unlimited distance - distance is now limited to 100m.
- The ability to create user-defined actions has been introduced.
- The crash info file context.bin contains more information: CPU registers and version info are saved.
- Squad pictures and titles are now shown on client machines.
- New support and checks for add-ons, referenced to version number.
- AI visual and audible enemy detection is improved, especially for prone targets.
- AI night vision is less effective.
- AI now put on/take off NV goggles where appropriate.
- Interior collisions are improved.
- Soldiers report sooner for medical assistance.
- Air friction physics modelling on missiles improved.
- The LAW and RPG are now faster and burn most of their fuel while in the tube.
- Missile fire tail is no longer drawn when fuel is burnt out.
- Airplane target engaging is improved.
- Airplanes lose less speed while turning.
- Even if 'turned in', the gunner is now drawn in the external camera view.
- When connecting through GameSpy arcade, you can now interrupt a "waiting for server" message.
- Only assigned players, not all connected players, are now shown in a multiplayer game.
- The design of the server briefing dialog and chat systems has been improved.
- More transfered properties in multiplayer have been added for airplanes.
- A more robust handling of the "maximum texture size" and "out of memory" conditions has been introduced.
- "Invalid vehicle types" are handled better.
- M113 gunner view improved.
- Seagull handling improved.
- Connect/disconnect messages are now localized.
- Guard band clipping enabled - this solves some issues with clipping sun on nVidia cards, and also increasesperformance on TnT family cards.
- All reward/penalty cutscenes now marked as played when appropriate.
- Single Mission - 05 Heavy Metal - Mission would rarely not finish.
- Single Mission - 09 Sniper Team - CPU saboteurs not moving.
- Single Mission - 10 Commander - Occasionally didn't end.
- Campaign - 03b Alert - Radio calls M113 'unknown'.
- Campaign - 12 Spearhead - Spelling errors in briefing.
- Campaign - 38 StatusQuo - Crash at Laruns.
- Campaign - 38 StatusQuo - Spanish briefing.
- Fixed - Problems with prone soldiers invulnerable to being run over.
- Fixed - Hardware T&L daytime light glitches.
- Fixed - Watch and compass animations under hardware T&L.
- Fixed - Problems with compass and watch on re-trying a mission.
- Fixed - Graphical corruption with Voodoo 3s under Glide.
- Fixed - In-game resolution switches causing some graphical corruption with certain cards.
- Fixed - Spinning sight view with an unloaded rocket launcher on your back.
- Fixed - Preferences resolution not matching in-game selection.* Fixed - Keyboard input disabled during mission loading
- Fixed - "3rd person view" difficulty option not functioning correctly.
- Fixed - Autodetect settings for file & texture heap wrong if <128MB reported by Windows.
- Fixed - Double music volume in Audio options.
- Fixed - Problems with map marker centring after installation or creating a new user.
- Fixed - Crash without ammo in ship simulation.
- Fixed - Save-game corruption if save called when training target was being destroyed.
- Fixed - User cannot be deleted sometimes.
- Fixed - Mission objectives not always correctly updated after load.
- Fixed - Soldier very rarely stays frozen in mid-air when getting out of a vehicle, until moved.
- Fixed - "End" button in "Player Killed" screen was handled incorrectly.
- Fixed - Sports car speedometer moving in the wrong direction.
- Fixed - Friendly units info on map in veteran mode.
- Visibility during stand up/lay down transitions now correct.
- Sometimes a tank was aiming at a target in 'prepare' mode only, because the target was already inactive. The tank commander now cancels target in such a situation.
- When a tank commander was changing weapons often, the weapon change command was sometimes lost. This has been fixed.
- Minor night-time visibility bugs resolved.
- AI soldiers watched non-combat enemies, which made weapon selection unstable. Binoculars were also selected for no apparent reason. Only combat enemies are watched now.
- Tank commander weapon selection is now more stable, especially when engaging cars.
- When there were no dangerous enemies visible, the importance of weak targets was overestimated. As a result, much stronger weapons were selected than necessary. This problem has been resolved.
- Camera position is now clipped, so that the camera does not look through objects.
- Night vision equipment now visible on dead soldiers where appropriate.
- Reloading with weapon on back is now disabled.
- Fixed - Problems when two players get into a vehicle simultaneously.
- Fixed - "Hide body" sometimes not working.
- Fixed - Vehicle shaking problem.
- Fixed - Respawn and "high speed soldier" bugs if killed while getting into a vehicle.
- Fixed - Disabling radio subtitles removes chat ability.
- Fixed - Procedure "moveInGunner" is now multi-player safe.
- Fixed - Procedure "moveInDriver" is now multi-player safe.
- Fixed - Procedure "moveInCommander" is now multi-player safe.
- Fixed - Procedure "moveInCargo" is now multi-player safe.
- Fixed - Score register.
- Fixed - Player assignment bugs.