Layered Terrain Surface Representation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mods, is Ceeeb's_Sandbox information worthy of addition to the main article? I don't want to dumb Suma's text down. --Ceeeb 17:34, 20 January 2007 (CET)
- Just add it in in the appropriate locations so that the information has a logical flow compared to what is there already.
- Don't be afaid to add stuff that you believe is relevant to an article, chances are if it is not completely relevant it will be moved to a more suitable location and/or edited or corrected by people who notice any mistakes or omissions.
- Planck 13:43, 21 January 2007 (CET)
I have a couple of suggestions, having just read this article for the first time as a newcomer to modding:
- a link to a definition of "Visitor" would be helpful.
- a link to a definition of "rvmat" files would be helpful.
If I ever find out what these things are, I'll come back and add a link in myself!
Loophole 15:08, 22 March 2007 (CET)
- I have added a link to the Visitor3 article. The lack of information is due to the people with the knowledge and the tools being busy with more important tasks such as improving the game engine. Much of the information I added is observations about how the game engine uses the data, but I am no expert, just an island maker finding out what workload to expect. I believe each RVMAT (material?) files tells the engine what textures it needs to display the surface each single "texture grid cell" (40x40m). They are simple text config files, if you are curious they can be extracted and de-binned from sara.pbo. I doubt we will need to create them by hand. --Ceeeb 15:26, 22 March 2007 (CET)
Thanks, Ceeeb; that was fast! I'd just found the relevant references and was coming back to add a link, but you beat me to it!
Loophole 15:45, 22 March 2007 (CET)