I'm a bit confused over some of the required versions, for the scripting commands; Version 2.90 required,Version 2.54 required.
Are these internal version numbers, to be revised on release?
Also I noticed this comment:
Version 2.92 required.
Function not available in Armed Assault.
Is this looking beyond the initial release of Armed Assault, or perhaps another product like Game 2?
- The funny version numbers will change once ArmA is released, we will synch up those version numbers.
- For the second comment, if you look at the talk page hierarchyObjectsCount you will see Suma's comments.
- hoz 04:38, 19 July 2006 (CEST)
Is it ok to ask questions about specific commands on the Wiki?
- If your looking for help on using particular command then use the Offical BI forums, or OFPEC or any other great mission editing scripting site. If your asking about usuage of an ArmA command, also us the BI forums, there is a thread now dedicated to the wiki commands. ArmA isn't released just yet and all of the new commands could change in some way. So lets leave those discussion to the forums until the game is released.
Since we got the ok on VBS info, I guess we'll have to add a category for that now here too.
The only question is, should we list all commands that are in VBS (like we do for ArmA vs. OFP), or just the ones that are different from OFP? (I personally would prefer the second option, more like the New Scripting Commands List.) --Kronzky 23:34, 27 July 2006 (CEST)
- Well, for now just add the new commands (maybe already using hardrock's template?). Don't forget the ones from the latest patches. When we're converting all commands to hardrock's template version we can add the VBS category. --raedor 23:45, 27 July 2006 (CEST)
I think if VBS Commands are going to be added then they should be added to the generic Scripting Commands list.
Then a new category for VBS Commands can be made listing these new commands and any older commands that are relevant to VBS.
Either that, or a completely seperate and distinct list for VBS commands
Planck 02:24, 28 July 2006 (CEST)