My Wiki username is: Raptor
My Wiki contributions: Contributions:Raptor
I can do my private editing experiments in Raptor/Sandbox
[[ARG 2013|ARG 2013]
ArmA3 Community ARG - 2013
Welcome to the Community ARG-2013 intiated by SarahniRadio and Jerry Hopper.
Stay tuned for the latest updates on the Bohemia Interactive Studio Forums: ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far
Tom Larkin, one of the Larkin brothers has been digging in his father's past. In a recent attic cleanup Tom found and unsend letter, which he is determined to deliver. Wil Tom find the people who knew his father in his youth? and who is that mysterious girl from the postcard? Follow Tom in his travel to the Aegean where he'll spend his adventurous vacation on Altis and Stratis.
What's an ARG?:
previous ArmA3 ARG: Pre-announcement ARG answers to questions discussion
timeline - detected stuff
- login: jerryhopper or melteme, Etesian -> Melteme
- message for Jerry Hopper
- no PW
- methode for the login: http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/1952ok/possible_arma_3_arg_more_in_comments/c8l07rd
- FTP OFPR.info
- with different files and folders
- Armaverse Timeline
- RandalHubb92 is located at Mike 26 B(ravo)
- Tom Larkin prepare for a trip to Altis, RandalHubb92, Mike 26B
- planned construction of Mike26B
- Mike26B:a Nato radar-post in the Aegean area close to Altis.
- morse Code on SharahniRadio:
- MSG1 = ANDARTIKO VA INTELLIGENSE IS COMING - BE READY VA
- MSG2 = VA ANDARTIKO 39.464764 24.986338 STAND BY FOR INTEL ANDARTIKO OUT
- AndArtIKO is probably the Greek word "αντάρτικο" tranlating to partisan.
- Resistance in the mountains - Andartiko
- something about recieving an intelligence from guerillias
- VA could be related to Virginia - CIA Headquater, in relation to RandalHubb92
- removing the letters, leads to 39.46764,24.9833 google maps
- southern location at Stratis , near Nikos Sialmas Monument
- PurePassion's (BIForum member) location changed several times: Spctrm_tst=1, Rcvr_bndwth_tst=1, X.25=1
- Tom Larkin posted a new pic (below)
- Δαβίδ = David
- συντριβάνι = fountain
- David Fountain
- David Fountain BIS Developer
- David Fountain is the name of the person he is going to meet - that's a business card.
- Room 1530 -> 15:30 ?
- the wreck of a ship and osprey V22 may a part of the ARG
- RandalHubb92 in relation to twitter post: https://twitter.com/RandalHubb92/status/307530080509382657
- Tom Larkin is going to meet RandalHubb92 at Nikos Sialmas Monument
- meeting in the resaurant of the Lighthouse
- arrival on 5'th of March
- photoshoped picture:
- Travel Card:T. Larkin ,Exp date 9/14
- Airticket: Gate 14, "LARKIN/TOM MR", "1 MAR", "596287901578-1","LARKIN TOM","01/3/2013","SEQUENCE NO: 3"
- IONis involved in somewhat: https://twitter.com/RandalHubb92/status/307531282286530560
- Public Law 83-703, the Atomic Energy Act of 1954
- new morse signal: "DE ANDARTIKO VA CYBER INTELLIGENCE TEAM IS COMING TUESDAY VA THE PACKAGE NEEDS TO BE EXTRACTED FROM MIKE26 VA MUST ACT BEFORE ALL DIGITAL TRAILS WILL BE WIPED STOP"
- @ m26.node-42.rv4a3 login: melteme, pw: ?
- @ m26.node-42.rv4a3 login: jerryhopper, pw: ?
- ftp login: melteme, pw: ?
- what's at 39.46764,24.9833
- Alpha tasks
- check the 'Nikos Stavros' monument (presumably the Molon Lave thing) - 39.465742, 24.986343 ( https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=39....04128&t=h&z=16 )
- check the grids on the morse code - 39.46764,24.9833 ( https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=39....28374&t=m&z=12 )
- check the local restaurant - most likely at the location of the phone number on the console - 39.540099,24.988142 ( https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=39....04128&t=h&z=17 )
- check the restaurant at 39.540099,24.988142
- go diving and search the wrecks for Nikos Stavros
- RandalHubb92 tried to bring the guerilla together with the CIA to fight against the IRANs
- accident with a ship near Mike26B
- something at 39.46764,24.9833 seems related to the ARG
- Tom Larkin - twitter Tom Larkin - Tom Larkin Blog
- RandalHubb92 - twitter RandalHubb92
- Scott Miller92 - twitter Scott_Miller92
- David Fountain - twitter David Fountain (BIS Developer)
- Server spotting @ Gamespy
- the ARG is partly based on parts of these story
- WOPR is a fictional military supercomputer
- It is an acronym for War Operation Plan Response
- W.O.P.R. is a form of artificial intelligence, programmed to play numerous strategy and war games, including one called Global Thermonuclear War, the purpose being to enable itself to optimally respond to any possible enemy nuclear attack.
- sahraniradio.com Live Stream
- ION INC
Greek myth - history
- Molon Labe
- Battle of Thermopylae
- Nikos Sialmas Monument
- Philip II of Macedon used the existence of these winds to his advantage in military campaigns: enemy ships from the south travelling north went much slower during the summer months. I'm being thick here - where is the metaphor?
- Screenshots for detections
- Limnos Readion:
- Location of Mike 26 Alpha/Beta(Bravo?)
- Nikos Sialmas Monument
# I. Download and play
The OAC files are now available via YomaTools (Yoma Arma Addon Synchroniser).
First please download the newstest version of Yoma tools at http://yomatools.be.
Hint: You find the download in the left navigationbar.
Once you have downloaded and installed YomaTools, add a new server with following data:
Server name: OAC Project
Server url: http://oac.quest-link.net/updater
Press Download all mods to get all files, missions and campaigns (large
button on the lower right).
You can also have a look at the different packages by clicking on in the
respective line and de-/select the files of your interest.
Required packages to run OAC:
Detailed process description
Here is a step by step guide.
Please head over to the OAC forum if questions remain.
1. Start YomaTools.
2. For Server name insert: OAC Project.
3. For Addon Server URL insert: http://oac.quest-link.net/updater.
4. Now save the server settings on the save button.
5. The OAC Project server is now available in the list box at the top.
6. Next you should check Settings to verify if it found your ArmA directory.
Normally this works automatically.
7. Now you should select the OAC Project server from the server list.
You will see all packages from the OAC Project server in the large list box below.
8. The last step is to click on the Download all mods button.
YomaTools will automatically download all files from the server to your ArmA folder and create the mod folders.