a % b
From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Operation Flashpoint
- Remainder of a divided by b.
- Example 1:
4.5 % 3Result is 1.5
- Posted on 01:34, 16 April 2006
- Remainder is calculated in real domain.
- a % b is identical to mod
_rand = random 6; _num = _rand - (_rand % 1);In A1, the new commands round, floor or ceil would be the easier way to round.
- Posted on July 21, 2015 - 14:55 (UTC)
Be careful when dealing with negative numbers. The way a modulo operation treats negatives differs between languages. In SQF truncated division is used, hence:
-12 % -10 = -2 -12 % 10 = -2 12 % -10 = 2 12 % 10 = 2