From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Operation Flashpoint: Resistance
- Return content of given filename.
- Example 1:
_contents = loadFile "myFunction.sqf";
- Posted on 28 November 2006 - 01:37
- In Armed Assault, the 'loadfile' command must be preceded by the 'compile' command to work.
Ex OFP 1.96: _falarmEvent = loadfile ("syswarn\falarmEvent.sqf")
Ex ArmA 1.0: _falarmEvent = compile loadfile ("syswarn\falarmEvent.sqf")
- Posted on 11 July 2007 - 01:10 (CEST)
- The note by Pennywise is not entirely accurate. loadFile only needs to be preceded with compile when loading code (for example, a function contained in an .sqf file). Using loadFile without compile will return a string, which, in some cases, is exactly what you want.
- Posted on 02 December 2012 - 11:17 (ZULU)
- Please note that any comment you have within the file you load will be included, to get around that use preprocessFile instead.
- Posted on 25 January 2016 - 12:13
- Notice that you will have to activate file patching via -filePatching []. Otherwise, execVM and loadFile will *not* load any files outside your mission folder (like the global scripts). For more info see CMA:DevelopmentSetup (since Arma 3 1.49+).