From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Operation Flashpoint
- Displays text across the screen. If used along with cutText two different texts (in different type styles) can be shown at once. The text can be displayed on multiple lines by using "\n" new line characters: titleText ["line1\nline2\nline3", "PLAIN"];. Since Arma 3 v1.73.142260 this command supports Structured Text formatting.
- titleText [text, type, speed, showInMap, isStructuredText]
- [text, type, speed, showInMap, isStructuredText]: Array
- text: String - text to be displayed
- type: String one of "PLAIN", "PLAIN DOWN", "BLACK", "BLACK FADED", "BLACK OUT", "BLACK IN", "WHITE OUT" and "WHITE IN". See Title Effect Types for more information about these values.
- speed (Optional): Number - Time in seconds to fade in resource. Default: -1
- showInMap (Optional): Boolean - false to hide the text when the map is opened. Default: true
- isStructuredText (Optional): Boolean - true to switch support for Structured Text formatting. Default: false (See Example 3. Available since Arma 3 v1.73.142260)
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
titleText ["Show this text", "PLAIN"];
- Example 2:
titleText ["Your message", "BLACK", 2];
- Example 3:
- Since Arma 3 v1.73.142260:
titleText ["<t color='#ff0000' size='5'>RED ALERT!</t><br/>***********", "PLAIN", -1, true, true];
- Posted on November 21, 2014 - 09:03 (UTC)
The third parameter or 'speed', as it's called in the description, refers to the amount of time the message will be shown on-screen. Multiply each number by 10 to get the number of seconds it will be shown. You can even use floats as input, like 0.1, to show a message for only 1 second.
Note: Calculating the time with that method does not include the time it takes to fade in/out, which is about 1 second unless you use numbers lower than 1.
Note: Using anything lower than 0.001 seems to have no effect, or the effect is so little it's negligible.