Bug List – ArmA: Armed Assault Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
Line 68: Line 68:
I think it would be a good idea to add something about keeping your ArmA up to date when submitting bugs to the introduction section.  Something for the demo users could look something like:
I think it would be a good idea to add something about keeping your ArmA up to date when submitting bugs to the introduction section.  Something for the demo users could look something like:

{{Important|It would be a great help to us if you would keep your arma builds up to date when submitting bugs using the demo!  This way, if you are reporting bugs, we are sure that the bugs you are reporting haven't already been fixed in the newest build.  The newest build is available here: [http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=8852d4cb2e9176a93a8f9f24af6d493c;act=ST;f=72;t=56170;st=0;&#entry989050].  Thanks in advance.}} --[[User:Plaintiff1|Plaintiff1]] 00:17, 14 January 2007 (CET)
It would be a great help to us if you would keep your arma builds up to date when submitting bugs using the demo!  This way, if you are reporting bugs, we are sure that the bugs you are reporting haven't already been fixed in the newest build.  The newest build is available here: [http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=8852d4cb2e9176a93a8f9f24af6d493c;act=ST;f=72;t=56170;st=0;&#entry989050].  Thanks in advance. --[[User:Plaintiff1|Plaintiff1]] 00:17, 14 January 2007 (CET)

==Questionable Bugs==
==Questionable Bugs==

Revision as of 01:26, 14 January 2007

Introduction

This talk page has multiple purposes, please respect that information from time to time will be purged from this page. You can view the history at any time by clicking the above tab.

Defining Priority

Bug priorities To make it easier for BI people to see important bugs, we introduced bug priority templates. Add new bugs with priority 0. Only BigDawgKS, Sniperwolf572, Plaintiff1, the BI staff, and the wiki sysops are allowed to set priorities to values higher than 0.

How does one define a priority?

Priority 1

• Any issue that causes a CTD (crash to desktop)
  • Any issue that prevents the game from loading.
  • Any issue that prevents installation of a patch
  • Any issue that decreases performance significantly, up to the point of making the game unplayable. (especially if this was working better in previous ver)

Priority 2

• Issues that prevent MP game play
  • Any issue that prohibits game play as per design
  • Issue that prevent the operation of a vehicle/unit/object as designed. (can't get in vehicle, helicopter moves incorrectly)
  • Issues that allow cheating. (example: sniper sites allows a person to see through walls)
  • Significant performance issues (low fps in situation where decent fps would be expected)

Priority 3

• Annoying behavior, such as Repeated voice command.
  • Sounds that aren't working as they were designed.
  • Collisions in models which affect game play. (such as doors which prevent entry, invisible wall)
  • AI not doing as they should/designed. (stuck, not running for cover, etc)
  • Mission issues that prevent the completion or playability.
  • Scripting commands that do not work as intended and/or at all

Priority 4

• Any issue that causes an in game error (missing paa, missing name)
  • Graphical Nuisances (missing textures)
  • Annoying collision issues.

Priority 5

• Missing sounds which maybe were never intended.
  • Spelling errors
  • Minor mission issues that don't affect the game play

Talk about the Priorities

Move the Bug List?

Since the bug list entries are constantly cluttering up the edit history (and probably will continue to do so for a while), how about we move it to a different name space (e.g. Help). For the normal users it wouldn't make much of a difference, but for those that use the log, the bug list edits (and probably the wish list as well) would then only show up if you select the "Help" name space in the drop-down menu.
How about it? --Kronzky 05:49, 4 January 2007 (CET)

I know what you mean but I'm not in favor of changing the name space as many people link here already. hoz

Well, we could keep this page, but forward it to the new Bug List page. That way they can keep their links, and we can keep the log clean. --Kronzky 23:26, 4 January 2007 (CET)

OK, both lists (bugs & wishes) have been moved to the Help: namespace.
Which means that you can now select "Main" as the namespace in the "Recent Changes" list, and you will not see entries for either of those pages anymore. (By default *all* namespaces will still be listed.) --Kronzky 05:44, 8 January 2007 (CET)

Buglist Preamble

I think it would be a good idea to add something about keeping your ArmA up to date when submitting bugs to the introduction section. Something for the demo users could look something like:

It would be a great help to us if you would keep your arma builds up to date when submitting bugs using the demo! This way, if you are reporting bugs, we are sure that the bugs you are reporting haven't already been fixed in the newest build. The newest build is available here: [1]. Thanks in advance. --Plaintiff1 00:17, 14 January 2007 (CET)

Questionable Bugs

I've noticed that some users are reporting bugs using old builds. There are a lot of obsolete bugs on the bugs list in terms of the latest demo builds. I've flagged them. Do you think we should whipe them out now or wait for an official patch? --Plaintiff1 00:17, 14 January 2007 (CET)

Older Entries

• I have tagged the entries for the sound information bug and some others as remedied as of build 5116. To find them, simply search the page for the word 'remedied'. I have confirmed that this bug no longer exists for the demo, but I have no information regarding the retail version. --Plaintiff1 01:21, 13 January 2007 (CET)

Russian units use english environment speech. You hear infantry commands in english language when close to them, and you hear 'out of fuel' and 'out of ammo' when in the proximity of russian vehicles [1.02] -Desertfox

The Opfor in Armed Assault are not Russians. Infact, according to the story line, most of the population in sahrani are multilingual because of the small size of sahrani. --RyanKaplan
A possible solution could be the use of different accents for people from North Sahrani, South Sahrani, and Americans. Then the player could use accoustic information to tell friend from foe and the story line would not be broken. Suitable accents for locals would be Spanish and Portuguese because the place names mostly seem to be taken from these languages. --Alpha-kilo 09:55, 4 January 2007 (CET)
Sounds like a sensible solution to a non-existant problem. --Plaintiff1 08:23, 12 January 2007 (CET)
This is a preference and not a bug. I think we should remove it. --Plaintiff1 08:23, 12 January 2007 (CET)

AH1 Cobra able to do loops? imho impossible in real life. Would be ok for the littlebird though. (if there´s an enhancement in heli physics either make it like BF2 or just like OFP) [1.02] burns 01:21, 16 December 2006 (CET)

This also applies to the Blackhawk, even with V0=0.

(video) -d034rk 20:22, 23 December 2006 (CET)

• This is an opinion and not bug. Many helicopters can do loops and barrel rolls. In the case of helicopters with fully articulated rotors, this is dangerous because the rotors might bend so far as to clip other parts of the helicopter. Until this is confirmed as to be impossible I suggest we strike this bug off of the list --Plaintiff1

Ok, I moved these here because there's already a 50 page thread on the forum about this and the flight model has already been brought to BI's attention. If they're cleaned up and perhaps merged, and can qualify as a bug, then they can be resubmitted. --Big Dawg KS 22:23, 21 December 2006 (CET)

• Rudder controls for AV-8B lose noticeable effect in too slow speeds. Consider this: stall speed for the plane seems to be around 200 (you can barely keep it's nose up). At this speed you should be able to use rudder to adjust the plane heading (for example aligning for runway when landing). Also rudder is used for aiming (to some extent) when firing the minigun. At the moment you can't turn the heading enough with pedals to aid landing or attacking with minigun. Another point; when you bank hard (close to 90deg left or right) you should be able to keep the nose of aircraft from falling with rudder. This issue will probably apply to other fast moving winged aircraft as well. (tested with joystick with rudder axis). 21 Dec 2006. [v 1.00 - 1.02] -Tuusita
Can we call this a bug? I'm not sure if it's actually a bug or your opinion (wish). --Big Dawg KS
I would call it a physics problem. Rudder physics on all aircraft, fixed and rotary wing, are wrong.
--ColonelSandersLite
Still, if it's a non-feature and not technically a bug, it doesn't belong here. We all know there is serious debate about the current flight model in ArmA, I don't think we need to continue it here. --Big Dawg KS 22:23, 21 December 2006 (CET)
  • Controlling AV-8B throttle with joystick throttle axis is difficult. When you set throttle axis to near center it seems there is "an autothrottle" that increases throttle when nose is pointing up (above horizon) and decreases throttle when nose is pointing down (below horizon). This "autothrottle" is not able to hold speed when you are banking and your nose points slightly down; it will decrease throttle even if your speed is slowing down since your nose points below horizon. Suggested fix: 1)(preferred)control aircraft throttle directly (when throttle axis is designated in Controls) OR 2)make "autothrottle" try to hold the speed (the speed when throttle axis was centered). 21 Dec 2006. -Tuusita
Again, I think this is more of a wish than a bug, unless it is a serious issue that makes it unplayable. There's been a lot of dispute about the flight model and there are many conflicting opinions as to how serious a problem it is, if one at all. --Big Dawg KS
  • Got the full game and cannot start the game. When i click on the game icon , 10 small scare appear and when 8 of the 10 scare is checked, window error message appear and stop the game lauching. What i should do? -Bob819
Go to BI forums troubleshooting section, this is not troubleshooting but a bug list, you are also not listing your system specs and the actual content of the error message. --Sniperwolf572 09:24, 25 December 2006 (CET)
  • Version is 1.02 German, all drivers are up to date in fact it is a new computer. When running the game it will stop after the first screen with the small helo comes up and the game attempts to load, it will then freeze and go to a microsoft error report which I have submitted. I have tried reinstalling, running 1.0, 1.02, 1.02 with lang patch, all to no avail. The game was running fine yesterday.
Go to BI forums troubleshooting section, you are also not listing your system specs. I encountered this only when I installed addons with faulty config. --Sniperwolf572 09:31, 25 December 2006 (CET)
  • Players can perform as many TKs as they want - no kick.

We just had two guys (James: 1855235 and Noli: 5173253) walking all crowded public servers to TK at spawn. Once they got into tank, they setup behind spawn and kill everyone. Once one server is cleared, they switch to another one.

If its not a bug - then at least its a *big* gap for exploits.

So unless this is fixed, one or two "bad" guys can ruin the fun for some hundreds. Until then, dont expect a widespread acceptance of the public servers/ArmA in general.

Solution: After a certain threshold (5 kills?), the TK-ratio is measured... if it is > 0.5 -> kick with text to the player. If it was not on purpose - nice, he learned some lesson. If it was on purpose - well, it was deserved. Weasel75 04:00, 27 December 2006 (CET)

Non-feature/wish. --Big Dawg KS 19:02, 27 December 2006 (CET)
  • Rifle-sound sometimes disappears. This seems to be related to have the weapon close to or in? a wall. That happened to me with G-36 twice online, while I am pretty sure it happened to others (so the bug is not just on the client) too - I stood right besides them, no firing-sounds. Weasel75 06:36, 28 December 2006 (CET)
Already reported. --Big Dawg KS 03:08, 2 January 2007 (CET)
  • When player is under water for too long there doesn't seem to be a sound to indicate you are drowning. Or it maybe that the player position in water is not calculated from the position of the player's head. Then again maybe there is no sound.[1.02] --Rick0Shay
Non-feature/wish. --Big Dawg KS 03:08, 2 January 2007 (CET)
  • Harrier is very difficult to get into air - takes almost full runway length to take off with flaps down or up. No vertical take off/landing. Limited sensitivity in Y axis in air - tried slider etc. Using MS sidewinder with rudder and throttle. Works fine in LockOn-FC and other flight sims. Seems unplayable at present. [1.02] Rick0Shay
Non-feature/wish. --Big Dawg KS 03:38, 2 January 2007 (CET)
  • Harrier on ground (runway) allows multiple ejects. [1.02] --Rick0Shay
Non-feature/wish. --Big Dawg KS 03:38, 2 January 2007 (CET)
Are you sure about that? It's about as realistic as throwing hand grenades and then pick them up for reuse. -Xpz
I'm sure, reusing a hand grenade is equally bogus in terms of gameplay as it is realism, reusing the ejection system on an aircraft isn't. Besides the game doesn't even simulate ejector seats (not by default at least), if it did then you could argue that this is a bug, otherwise you're talking about a bug in a feature that doesn't even exist. --Big Dawg KS
  • When parachuting user controls don't seem to have any effect on the flight direction and speed of the decent. This might be a bug or a feature I'm not sure. since it detracts from realism (the ultimate game/sim objective) I would say its a bug and a non feature - but hey that's just me. Its also interesting to note that this basic ability is present in quite a few other combat games that have been around for over 3 years. [v1.02] Rick0Shay
Non-feature. Also certain parachutes are intended not to be steerable (at least not easily), such as during large scale jumps to prevent collision. --Big Dawg KS 21:29, 3 January 2007 (CET)
  • "Scrolling in the map screen is very choppy or don't work at all. This applies to up/down, not left/right. [v1.02]"
Priority 5? This bug is really irritating and destroys the gameplay. Imagine planning an assault and not being able to scroll the map. It's a disaster. -Xpz
Provide a video or more detailed description and it can be better assessed. --Big Dawg KS 00:40, 6 January 2007 (CET)
The bug report is updated on the main page. Here's the video: Video (xvid) --Xpz
  • player ejects from vehicle when destroyed and player ejects from soft vehicles when caped (killed without destroying vehicle armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
This is necessary to ensure the player respawns, it was a problem in OFP that was fixed by ejecting the players. So I'd say it's more of a bug fix, perhaps someone has a different opinion? --Big Dawg KS 00:40, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • when change weapon to full automatic the use binoculars then change back to weapon it is automatically set back to semi auto armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
Non-feature (also it's not like you can't instantly switch it back). --Big Dawg KS 00:40, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • commander seat in tank cant command, or very hard to, revert back to OFP mothod of commanding, and why can the driver issue orders armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
Non-feature/wish. --Big Dawg KS 00:40, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • weapon kit consistiong of AT launcher, M4A1 and hangun, go for a swim and when you get out of the water you only have the handgun the AT launcher and M4 dissapears armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
Feature (weapons are dropped to allow you to swim). --Big Dawg KS 00:40, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • hit a tree dead on with sabort blows the tree down a heat round does not armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
Non-feature I suppose, since HEAT rounds don't do as much damage as Sabots, try 2 or 3. --Big Dawg KS 00:40, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • cant "drop ladder" when started climbing from the base of ladder armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
You can indeed drop off the ladder if you start from the base, at least on the really tall ones. --Big Dawg KS 00:40, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • at far distances if BRDM is spotted ai will keep shooting at it, trying to get its attention ? then BRDM turns and kills them all (rule no1 don't piss the tank off) armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
What part of that is a bug? --Big Dawg KS 00:51, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • havent been able to reproduce bug, ai equiped handgun in prone possition then got stuck, was unable to move or stand up, all he could do was pivot on the spot, he could aknoledge orders but couldent carry them out armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
Cannont be reproduced, as he says. --Big Dawg KS 00:51, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • ai donot respond to grenades when they land next to them armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
Non-feature. --Big Dawg KS 00:51, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • ai do nothing when they find a dead body, can players hide bodies ? armademo ver 1.3.0.5110 -NipWup
Non-feature. --Big Dawg KS 00:51, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • Cannot assign team members to smaller teams no more. The assign menu item (item 9) is missing.[v1.02] --Aprecious
It can still be done, just not from the standard command menu. This would also be a non-feature, not a bug. --Big Dawg KS 00:59, 6 January 2007 (CET)
  • AI is being swamped with move commands and other commands every second. You can hear this happening if you got your headset on. In the distance you hear the leaders giving new orders per second. I believe this results in the AI being swamped with commands not being able to handle, calculate the informations provided. This could be one of the reasons for all the AI behaviour being reported. Just a overflow of commands. I also don't think there is a need to hear the AI commands. I removed this again. Turns out that this was caused by missions using Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script -SniperAndy

• I died once as I sprinted on a corner roof, trying to jump away (happened once) - Lou Montana / Demo
No repro steps, likely fell off the roof. removing..hoz
  • There is some bad behaviour of US Recon Soldier in Front of BMP.Have a look at ScreenShot:

[2][v1.02] - berndsattler

Isn't it the target designator? The model is missing and It's been already mentioned. Funnyguy1 20:18, 7 January 2007 (CET)

When swimming, returning to land will randomly make all your equipment off, sometimes it will, sometimes it won't - Lou Montana / Demo

This is based on time in the water and how deep, as per design I beleive. hoz

Newer Entries

• No way to control parachute. It seems randon. This is a feature that's been available in BF for years ! :--Major Latency
Then make a wish in the wishlist. hoz

Night vision is apparently unusable on certain system settings. The HDR effect gets overbright and all you see is green light. My graphics card is GF6600GT with the newest drivers. Here is a picture [v1.02] --Celery
Does it stay like this? It takes some time to accomodate to the bright image Scruffy 22:37, 5 January 2007 (CET)
Removed, I think this is by design, it takes time for the NV to adjust. hoz

• AI can enter bases which are surrounded with walls/fences through walls/fences. They don't look for an entrance or a hole.
No location given not signed, useless. hoz

When you crouch with a riffle and apply turbo forward you remain crouched and unable to sprint forwards. However when you use a pistol you are able to use turbo forwards from a crouched postion and return to crouch at the end of your run. From a crouched position and riffle in hand you should be able to Turbo forward then crouch again at the end of your run -TheOne

Not a bug as per design, as mentioned by marek in the Demo TS thread. hoz
  • Mission will start automatically after certain time when all players are in briefing screen. This should be changed to all players greened up or admin mission kick off. The current auto start does not allow for a proper weapons selection or mission planing. Sometimes people just end up without any weapons in the scenario. --SniperAndy
More of a wish then a bug. I think this is by design to keep the games moving, annoying as it is.hoz
  • Should there be a different explosion effect when tanks fire into the ocean/water -NipWup
Wish/request hoz
  • Wood stacks looking strange if destroyed pic [1.02] burns 02:07, 16 December 2006 (CET)
This might also be a design decision, as if wood stacks get unbalanced and collapse. --Sniperwolf572 17:27, 18 December 2006 (CET)
I think it's because tehy fall like trees if damaged. Seems to be dependent on angle as one fell to the right side. Scruffy 22:40, 5 January 2007 (CET)
As per design, not really a bug, make a wish for a better damaged model.hoz
  • eg: on island Suthern Sahrani get AI to drive tank from grid reference Gd,56 to Ff49 (on the road) at around Grid Ga,53 and Gb,54 AI has trouble keeping to the road, or try's to find away around by going up the hill. I found that AI has problems navagating near steep land formations. Sometimes AI will plot a corse strait up the hill from grid Gd,56. [Demo 1.03] -NipWup
I beleive if the combat mode is set to careless you might see this behavoir. Try a very basic mission and change the combat modes. hoz

Some sounds are overriden by others eg: when gunner in humve and you can year a distant vehicle driving, the driving vehicle's sound is muted for the piriod of time you openfire*, this might be associated to the hardware acceleration issue where eg: you can hear a chopper starting up from the otherside of the island, *firing the gun might just be muting the bug. (ver 1.3.0.5110) on a X-fi elite pro (driver ver 1.01.14) -NipWup

I believe this is a feature of the HDR sound engine. --Plaintiff1
I respect your input, but i really dont think so. Most games with high sound quality settings enabled allow for the most possible number of sounds to be played at one time, this adds to sound detail which makes games sound good.
When a loud sound plays you can't hear the quiet ones. There's not many sounds louder than a gun going off in your face. This is a feature that acts exactly as BIS described it. Whether or not you like it is your issue. --Plaintiff1
does BIS describe that sounds are muted when louder sounds are played as a feature ? im sorry that ive missed this, can you provide me with a link where they list the sound features. and where did you get the impression that i dislike this ? ive said in my original report that this might be muting a different bug. im reporting somthing that I think might be a possible bug or fix other bugs, im not here to debate with you about a game feature. let the bis crew decide whether this is a bug or feature. -NipWup
I found Maruk's original post as well as several other mentions in other forums through the simple magic known as google. I have also been able to find mentions of it on the simhq reviews and forums, but their site is down for maintenance at the time of this writing. Moreover, this technology was already implimented in OFP:Elite. So yes, you did miss it; and no, it's not a bug. BIS has already explicitly stated its nature as a feature. Consider removing it? Thanks. --Plaintiff1 05:10, 11 January 2007 (CET)

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=63;t=49299

Hi Tech

• HDR (High Definition Range) rendering is implemented to allow good dynamic range of the image in various daytime conditions.
  • Similar system to HDR is also implemented for sound so you can hear well low volume sounds in quite areas and also large explosions during combat.
  • AI can do everything that you can do. AI can also be mixed in with humans when playing multiplayer (as bots and opponents).

http://redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10160&page=22

I found out that the sounds work quite well when you deactivate "hardware acceleration" in the game options, but enable "EAX"...

while the weapons don't have echoes, these things are eceptionally well done:

• Helicopters and tanks roar at a frightening level and realistically can be heard from kilometers away.
  • Gunshots sound different dipending on whether they shoot at your direction or away from you.
  • There is a clearly audible snap (allthough not as pronounced as dslyecxi would want them, I suppose ^^) when bullets pass you.
  • The High Dynamic Range Audio works even more impressive than in OFP: loud sound make less loud sounds even more silent for a short period of time.
  • Sound shadows: when an object/building/tree is between you and the source of the sound, the sound is muffled.

--Plaintiff1 05:10, 11 January 2007 (CET)

Realism Bugs

I would like to call into question the validity of the realism bug category. I simply do not see how this category can exist without turning into a wishlist. Observations such as vehicles burning underwater are valid imersion concerns- however, this is not a gameplay or stability issue: It is a lack of feature which belongs on the wishlist. Asking for a rethinking of the armour values algorythmns or assignments are also wishlist material. Things that BIS *INTENDED* to happen are not bugs, and those that were left out due to engine constraints are also not bugs- they are things BIS intended not to happen due to performance or other considerations. To be honest, we need a copy of the design document in order to ascertain what a bug is. In absence of that, I think we can safely knock off the reaslism bug category, as there are more much more pressing matters.

I should probably say that it's not that realism problems aren't bugs, however, ALL bugs that aren't stability related could be said to be realism bugs, and realism may or may not have been the ultimate goal in most areas of the gameplay scope. Furthermore, game balancing issues which may fly directly in the fact of realism are *features*, the direct opposite of bugs.

This list will not be completely controllable, as anyone can write on it, but I think that with careful structuring of form, users can be coaxed in the right direction. If this is a desirable state of being for this wiki, that category completely flies in the face of it. --Plaintiff1

Well, as we don't have access to any design documents we have to guess what a bug really is. I think we all can agree on using simple common sense. If it is implemented in OFP, it certainly should be in ArmA. -Xpz
I partially agree. Common sense would dictate that if there is a glaring stability or gameplay issue, that it is probably a bug, so common sense is one tool we can use to judge bugs. However, there are a lot of ways in which ArmA and OFP are different, so I don't think that they should be compared for this purpose. This doesn't, however, address the validity of the 'realism bug' category. --Plaintiff1
It would be nice to have more information on what BIS intended (and did not) and what they consider bugs. --Big Dawg KS 00:57, 6 January 2007 (CET)
We can ask them for it but most likely we'll just have to put a system in place that makes the bug list make more sense. For instance 'You can't go prone on hills'. Is that a really a realism issue or is it a control issue? And what does 'can't go prone on hills mean? I don't think it's an issue where BIS neglected to put in that feature, throwing realism to the wind. None of those bugs in the realism issue bug section make any sense as realism bugs. I don't think that realism can ever be the best possible category to put a bug in. I think that broken physics (if they are truly broken as opposed to lacking in detail) can go in the physics category, control problems (like not being able to do something in some situations- like go prone- but you can in others can go in a control bugs category, and bugs that are not bugs can go in a feature request wiki page. Further weapon issues like excessive/ not enough recoil in a game breaking way can go under weapon issues, while weapon tuning can go on the wishlist. --Plaintiff1

• 1: can't move while reloading or fireing full automatic omg !! i can understand it while lieing down, 2: unarmed characters cant neel, 3: same explosion effect heat and sabart ?, 4: chopper feul runs down too fast when dammaged a little bit + engine stops arfter too litle damage, implement control dificulties when damaged ?, no engine smoke when damaged, being able to crash land a plane or chopper and survive, 5: being able to controll a parachute, 6: no recoil or vibration or any fireing effect from vehicle mounted guns (and no muzzle flash from Humve), and some dont have the belt fed effect, reload actions would be nice too, 7: Rifle shells eject from pistols, 8: cant pivot while reloading at or aa weapons 9: bullet proof windows on some buildings, 10: no M24 bolt action ?, 11: smoke from smoke grenade usless on steep slopes, smoke disapears into side of mountain, 12: UH60 miniguns. *cough*, firing vibration effects, and can you make it spin any faster (wind up to speed), 13: need light emmiting glowing tracers from weapons not green and red lines, and faint intermitant tracers from small arms fire, 14: detachable and retachable mods to weapons on the field, 15: at night, burning vehicles abruptly stop emmiting full light when burning stops, 16: shell ejection from weapons should fly much further, 17: first person view proper reload actions and weapon movement, 18: characters have to compleat action before dieing, 19: it wouldve been nice to have ragdoll effect, grenades,tanks or any explosive cant sent a person flying, + vehicle breakup when expload, sending deblies averywhere, 19: dismemberment option (character decapatation) nothing much happends when you hit a soldier square on with a tank shell ?, 20:is it possible to add heat haze effect on the deasert plains during the day and exaust from choppers, jets and tanks -NipWup
  • 1: vehicles can burn on fire underwater, 2: handguns fire accuratly over 600m, 3: no internal tank instraments and can't veiw inside tank body, 4: it would look more real if the sun glare/beam effect showed and continue through the gaps of tree leaves -NipWup
These were removed because they are mostly non-features/wishes. You could be right about the realism section. Maybe we should put an important notice there explaining what is actually a realism bug, or maybe even removed altogether. --Big Dawg KS 01:15, 6 January 2007 (CET)
Just to chime in here. I would be ok with removing the Realism section. Just be sure to move the decent reports to the appropriate section. hoz

• AI walking through walls reported by bt_1900 and Lujon

And isn't this sort of an engine limitation? AI can walk through everything since OFP, the LODs just tell them not to do it most of the time. Scruffy 22:30, 5 January 2007 (CET)

Demo bugs

• ARMA demo [1.3.0.5109] performance issues where menus and functions lag performance, dropping frame rates to 0 or producing connection lag. I’m not sure which. Switching between Map and 1st person takes a few seconds, makes it very hard to navigate without getting killed.
Getting in and out of vehicles or switching positions sometimes takes a few seconds.
Overall performance setting: very low
My stats:
Amd Athlon 64 x2 4800 (I know its not optimized for dule core)
NVidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 x1 [no sli]
Mem 2 gig
Sb Audigy X-fi
Connnection : Cable
  • Starting the game with Crossfire enabled causes the game not to start. The ArmA mouse cursor loads to a black screen. Esc allows you to exit the program. Windows claims that 'memory could not be written'. The RPT file alludes to a driver problem. RPT excerpt available on the talk page. [Demo v1.03] --Plaintiff1 10:43, Dec. 27th
  • Server crashes every time when CTI (Capture The Island) mode is started. [Demo 1.03 build 5110] - Osmo