Community Portal – Bohemia Interactive Community talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 17: Line 17:

About the moderation issue: I think you could start to scan the official forums now for candidates that are fit to do this. There are plenty of capable humans on the forum, and I am sure a wide variety of people will do this system good. Currently, I feel a little intimidated by the overdose of OFPEC-members here, but that's no big deal. The point is that this wiki will at some point live on itself, with Bis members only coming here to look for tiny errors about features and games.
About the moderation issue: I think you could start to scan the official forums now for candidates that are fit to do this. There are plenty of capable humans on the forum, and I am sure a wide variety of people will do this system good. Currently, I feel a little intimidated by the overdose of OFPEC-members here, but that's no big deal. The point is that this wiki will at some point live on itself, with Bis members only coming here to look for tiny errors about features and games.
---
Do we really want to differ between "homapages" and Mod pages? I mean the only difference is that the homepages are "1-man-mods" and a Modpage has a full team... the homepages not related to OFP aren't too interesting for the community anyway.
We could make a subsection for Mission pages.

Revision as of 13:20, 3 June 2006

What purpose can this have, when the whole page is Community Portal? Links to other pages related to OFP / ArmA?

--Suma 17:14, 4 April 2006 (CEST)

What do we do with the mods list? I mean we'll get a pretty long list as soon as the wiki is open... any ideas? An extra page for community mods? Well, I think that we'll have full pages for certain mods soon also.

--Raedor 01:51, 25 May 2006 (CEST)

We can create a mod category and then each mod could have thier own sub category. I don't think we should include the word addon, that might indicate you can list every addon ever made or that can be made clear in the new category.

hoz 03:58, 25 May 2006 (CEST)

Codarl 02:25, 26 May 2006 (CEST) I already made a objective page with all things that you can use to replace/enhance aspects of the game with, I think that if the mods and myself keep this up-to-date, it's enough addonlisting we do here.

There could, however, be a page where addon elements are highlighted and explained. For example the fact the Bronco addon had the first "Hud", and how it worked. If you combine the knowledge of addons such as a Hud, roping scripts, MFD's, ejection seats, non-reloadable AT launchers, and more of those extra's into a subcategory, it'd serve this wiki well.

---

Do we really want to differ between "homapages" and Mod pages? I mean the only difference is that the homepages are "1-man-mods" and a Modpage has a full team... the homepages not related to OFP aren't too interesting for the community anyway. We could make a subsection for Mission pages.