Bug List – ArmA: Armed Assault Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 18:09, 18 December 2006 by Hardrock (talk | contribs) (→‎Defining Priority: - fixed wording)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Installation issues

• I don't really know where to put this,people with the German version on a Win XP64 system have the sara.pbo missing after patching v1.02
Temp fix 1:

Rightclick the file, then Run as... select the administrator account in the bottom and type in the correct password. Then hit Enter

Temp fix 2:

If you have a software life Virtual PC or VM Ware or a second PC with a 32 bit OS installed...Install Arma on it, patch it, put the whole Arma folder on an external storage device or a DVD or whatever an copy it over the original Arma folder on your 64-bit OS PC. --SniperAndy

Subsonic (Silenced) Ammunition

Currently, silenced ammo, that is presumed to be subsonic, generates supersonic cracks. Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's a engine limitation. I suggest adding a wish list entry for config boolean isSupersonic, or something like that. Opinions? --Sniperwolf572 22:43, 15 December 2006 (CET)

Add it to the audio bugs list, and possibly your wish to the wishlist. then clean this up. :) hoz
Supersonic crack is generated only when ammo is moving at supersonic speed. There is no need for any flag. Some silenced weapons really do fire supersonic rounds. Which weapon / ammo do you think the behaviour is currently wrong? --Suma 13:05, 18 December 2006 (CET)
I've looked trough the config, and noticed that you can assign different sounds to cracks too, so my wish is already there. Since we have two types of ammo for the M4, and weapon sounds are assigned to weapons now instead of ROF and magazines, SD ammo would be a logical choice to have subsonic ammo for M4. SD ammo for M4 currently generates cracks. I also believe that MP5SD6 uses subsonic ammo (currently generates supersonic crack), and there are also two magazine types for it (MP5 mags are not "named", small bug which I will submit), so I'm assuming one is SD, and could be made subsonic. I'm not sure about other weapons, but, since weapons now determine sounds and not magazines, I would suggest making all magazines that have their SD variant subsonic. And we can still use the non SD variants as non-subsonic ammo. --Sniperwolf572 14:54, 18 December 2006 (CET)
To make clear my point - if a config-side fix it is much cleaner to really make the ammo speed subsonic than to disable supersonic crack for ammo to pretend it is subsonic. --Suma 14:59, 18 December 2006 (CET)
Yes, I understand what you were saying, I was just another making a counter-point to my wish. ;) Ammo speed is indeed a cleaner fix. Hence, I suggest making all ammo that has SD counterpart subsonic. For example, 30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD (B_556x45_SD) to be subsonic, but 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag (B_556x45_Ball) supersonic. --Sniperwolf572 15:14, 18 December 2006 (CET)

Items to be Removed

• No MP network connection after upgrade to 1.02 1.01 was (and is) fine. [1.02]
    Link to Forum Post. - Iron Eddie - update your firewall settings --SniperAndy
  • When swimming a long distance weapons fall off, except pistol happens with squads too [1.0.1. CZ] - MISTA
Not a bug, but a feature. --Sniperwolf572 18:29, 16 December 2006 (CET)
  • AI can see trough the smoke generated by smoke grenades. Doesn't matter if AI has any prior knowledge of player or other unit behind the smoke. [1.02] -Sniperwolf572
Not a bug but something BIS commented on in the past. It's a performance issue and same as in OFP. Solution would be creating a addon that spawns a invisible object witz a view geo --SniperAndy
  • Nearly every helicopter is able to do loops. Its a urbane legend that only "some" helicopters can performan them. But it is very material intense and very dangerous (the helicopter can "fall" in its own rotor system...). Even a CH-53 can do loopings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC2E8RJE3Jo [KSK-D]Arbaal 10:31, 16 December 2006 (CET)
Not a bug but a replay regarding choppers being able to do loops now. --SniperAndy
  • Confirming performance drop with v1.02 compared to v1.01 here! v1.02 seems to relinquish some more "task priority" to windows than v1.01 (f.e notepad performance in parallel task on my system is MUCH better now than in 1.01). However I'd like to have the power back in ArmA rather than in Notepad though :-\ cant longer confirm for my system; made a fresh install&patch and looks even better performaing than 1.01. [v1.02] - wiper 17.Dec.06, 00:20 CET
"striked" by user --SniperAndy
  • Missing punch animation. Not a big deal to most, but it is to me!! [1.02] Zombie Mod
Then add to the wish list. hoz
  • No firing sound and firing visuals (muzzleflash, tracer) with MP5 in Multiplayer as spectator.
Not signed. More information would be good like (what does the reporter mean as spectator? As a seagul, using keygetys spectate script?) hoz
  • Placing Unit-Empty-Sounds-Music produces error message "Cannot Load Texture - ca\data\data\vlajka.paa --Taggart
Already reported, no need to include it in the talk page. hoz
  • AI units which follow over bridges (if so, most don't!) tend to fall off the bridge. They constantly look for different paths sideways off the bridge and occasionally move through the balustrade/bridge wall (see also AI bug reports) [v1.02] - wiper16.Dec.06, 18:10 (edit 19:24) CET
Already in AI bugs, fits better there. --Sniperwolf572 16:18, 18 December 2006 (CET)
  • Bullets are not going where they should. I am using the M4 Aimpoint, am prone, and when I use single fire, the bullets do not go to the "dot" most times. If this is FADE then let me know, the only thing I have installed is the Czech->English lang pack. [1.02] -- Zombie Mod
Could not reproduce on two systems. If talking about bullet drop over longer distance, that's more of a feature. --Sniperwolf572 16:18, 18 December 2006 (CET)
  • Sometimes during a game I have to push and hold a key on the keyboard 1-2 seconds to stand up / lay down / reload /etc. Mouse is uneffected. Even the Game is closed I have to push and hold a key to see any effect, normalizing 15-20min after ArmA is closed. Witnessed in 1.01 and 1.02. Mantelmann 19:23, 17 December 2006 (CET)
Never happened on two systems in over a week of playing. Maybe not caused by the game. --Sniperwolf572 16:18, 18 December 2006 (CET)

Template:Bug priority

Removed this item as, no one else has complained about a performance decrease, there is no images or details as to what the performance decrease is. Is it a blocky LOD problem? or Textures aren't loading? hoz
User issue, Eddie solved it, check forum topic. --Sniperwolf572 16:55, 18 December 2006 (CET)
  • Auto-hover in choppers seems to make the chopper rotate left, right on its own accord if you take your hands off the controls (ie: don't move the mouse). It's weird. Wind effects? [1.02] Zombie Mod
It's the tail rotor, if you're damaged it slows down a bit. Taking your hands off the controls might also stop it from automatically compensating for the counter-torque. --Big Dawg KS
Not replicable without damaging the helo. Also noted that this behavior, on my machine, is less notable on auto-hover than just plain hovering helo without auto-hover on. --Sniperwolf572 16:55, 18 December 2006 (CET)
  • Weapons magically stick to dead units [1.02] burns 01:50, 16 December 2006 (CET)
Would this be more appropriate in the wish list? IMO it's not a bug, but a non-feature (that feature being the bodies dropping their weapons). --Big Dawg KS
Same opinion as Kyle. --Sniperwolf572 16:55, 18 December 2006 (CET)
  • First Unit placed in a Helicopter still is placed on the co-pilots seat instead of being placed in the back (or the side of an MH-6). [1.02] -- W0lle 04:10, 16 December 2006 (CET)
I think this is working as designed and not a bug. Its the same way with trucks the cargo position 1 starts in the front seat. hoz
Same opinion as Hoz. --Sniperwolf572 16:55, 18 December 2006 (CET)

Defining Priority

How does one define a priority?

Priority 1

• Any issue that causes a CTD (crash to desktop)
  • Any issue that prevents the game from loading.
  • Any issue that prevents installation of a patch
  • Any issue that decreases performance significantly. (especially if this was working better in previous ver)

Priority 2

• Issues that prevent MP game play
  • Any issue that prohibits game play as per design
  • Issue that prevent the operation of a vehicle/unit/object as designed. (can't get in vehicle, helo moves incorrectly)

Priority 3

• Annoying behavior, such as Repeated voice command.
  • Sounds that aren't working as they were designed.
  • Collisions in models which affect game play. (such as doors which prevent entry, invisible wall)
  • AI not doing as they should/designed. (stuck, not running for cover, etc)
  • Mission issues that prevent the completion or playability.

Priority 4

• Any issue that causes an in game error (missing paa, missing name)
  • Graphical Nuisances (missing textures)
  • Annoying collision issues.

Priority 5

• Missing sounds which maybe were never intended.
  • Spelling errors
  • Minor mission issues that don't affect the game play

Talk about the Priorities

Here is a short info on why I labeled what priority for the General part
  • This is only issue with only one patch, a patch for patcher is kind of impossible, and if fixed, it won't change engine version no. Only affecting 64bit XP versions.
  • Icon in the editor is not visible, can be hard to remove the item placed, but doesn't actually affect gameplay.
  • Wings not moving on a seagull is only visual, author does not state if seagull can actually move. And issue does is not reproduceable on other machines
  • This can be a security issue, since admin can mistype command and reveal passwords. It also makes it hard to chat.
  • Problem is an big issue to realism freaks, while others do not deem it as a nuisance. Makes the option in the difficulty setting useless.
  • Command menu can be open in critical situations, and nothing is physically stopping you from pressing your reload key while it's open. Can cause very irritating deaths.
  • Dropping clients in MP can be a big issue. Affects some game modes, and does not appear on regular basis. I might have given this too low priority.
--Sniperwolf572 15:57, 18 December 2006 (CET)
I used the general section to develop this list. IMO you have to be careful in the definition of Priority 1. This should be reserved for CTD, not being able to load the game as you should, big performance problems. hoz
Agreed. Will do that in the future. --Sniperwolf572 16:58, 18 December 2006 (CET)
Good job though, and its easy to change the priority, the list and priorities can be adjusted if someone comes up with something else. Having the priority definitions makes it very clear why the priority is set. Its also much easier to read. tx Hardrock. hoz