Bugs List-version-1.01.5094 – ArmA: Armed Assault

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 15:57, 29 November 2006 by Vic (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Introduction

While Armed Assault is a great game, it does have its issues. In order to help the developers polish our favorite game, we'll try to keep on this page a comprehensive list of bug reports from the community. This list should contain only actual bugs disrupting gameplay immersion and experience; please refrain from reporting what you feel to be missing features outside the Wishlist section below.

How to report

In order to keep this list clean and ordered, please try to submit bugs in the appropriate category, or in the Unsorted category below (if you are in a hurry).

In order to allow easy "new reports" tracking in this list, try to use minor edits when moving bugs to another category or adjusting existing bug reports (unless, of course, you contribute new information which might be of interest)

Help us and the devs keep track of the bugs by confirming (confirmed) or contradicting (worksforme) the existing bug reports.

Feel free to post additional information (e.g. system specifications, game options used, how to reproduce the bug etc.) and discuss existing reports in the Discussion page for this article.

Unsorted

AI issues

• AI doesn't seem to have a preference for bridges (e.g. if it's ordered to cross a river it may chose to swim, even though it will end up losing its weapons, rather than using a bridge right next to it).
  • AI often refuses to swim across a river when ordered to the other side via a "go to" command, but will do so nicely if asked from the other side to "fall into formation". But even then it often refuses to enter the water from steep banks.
  • Sometimes there are delays of 15 seconds or more between issuing a command, and it being followed by AI.
  • If I'm a commander of a tank and I give the order of attack an enemy tank, the gunner use the MG instead of cannon.
  • Sometimes if I switch from a unit to another unit, the previous unit remains blocked.

Audio issues

• When you have 1 bullet left in your M16 and use Burst fire, you hear 3x firing sound (as if you had 3 bullets in your magazine), and weapon's recoil is incorrect too.
  • Tanks' track movement noise continues even after the movement has stopped/is too small to be noticed.

Collision issues

• You can enter vehicles through walls
  • The stairwell that's used in lots of flat outside areas often gets your's or the AI's characters stuck. Especially if you approach it in a prone position.
  • Pallets with barrels will totally block tanks. This doesn't seem to happen with editor-placed barrels, but the ones on grid Fg73 (e.g. object 606022) are indestructible, either by tank or by RPG.
  • Garbage Containers end up halfway in the ground after explosions.

Control issues

• If I'm a commander of a BMP and I'm in 3rd person, I can't turn with mouse. But If I'm in first person, I can turn.
  • If I fire with burst or auto fire mode when i walk, the soldier stops.
  • There is a mouse lag, both movement and buttons.

Mission issues

Please create reports only for official missions!

• Campaign, Mission 1
    • The car that brings you to your first drop-off point (Corazol, GF58) doesn't always get to stop exactly at its waypoint (it might be blocked by the leading car). In that case you and your team have no way of exiting the car, and you will be stuck in there until it forwards to the next waypoint where it (and you) will go up in flames.
  • Stand-Alone Mission 2 (Sanitizing Operation)
    • If you kill the crew of the chopper that's supposed to extract you at the end, you will still finish the mission successfully, and will still unlock another mission.
  • Stand-Alone Mission 12 (Commander)
    • The trigger script for the second objective regularly crashes upon killing all OPFORs. Unfortunately I don't remember the error message.
(trigger "Berserk": "_x commandMove getPos player"" forEach Thislist)

Multiplayer issues

• In the MP game with the blackhawks, when I selected the crewchiefs slot and doorgunners slot, one click of the fire button completely emptied the minigun. all rounds were fired off, although after removing my finger from the fire button, the rounds were no longer deadly, and did not kill other players. I was a client under a non dedicated host.

Performance issues

• Generally low FPS in German version.
  • Loading of textures is slow
  • After Alt-Tabbing out of the game 2 or 3 of times, you will get a CTD.

Physics issues

• If I place an empty car on water, it will float.
  • You can eject from very low altitude, parachute will deploy and you will land unharmed. Also weird collision occurs in this case.

Realism issues

• Tracers cannot be disabled.

Scripting issues

• Attempts to execute a nonexisting FSM crashes.
init = "this doFSM ["test.fsm", position player, player]"

Server issues

Visual issues

• No weapon model for the laser pointer
  • It's not possible to see other soldiers if you look at them through the window of the Hotel building...
  • Weird LOD choices reported sometimes
  • There is an error in animation of soldiers, when you have a pistol and you are crouched if you go forward the animation is wrong

Wishlist

Please try to refrain from posting suggestions which imply major changes to the existing game mechanics and features, or at least mark them as such.

• Free-aim in ironsight mode, as seen here Vic 14:57, 29 November 2006 (CET)
  • Non or partially disrupting recoil in ironsight mode. Right now the ironsight view seems to be sticked to the weapon. While this might have been a requirement in OFP, due to the 2D sights, I feel this shouldn't be kept in ArmA. Vic 14:57, 29 November 2006 (CET)