Arma: Mod Folders – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
Line 35: Line 35:

--[[User:Salisan|Salisan]] 10:17, 12 September 2006 (CEST)
--[[User:Salisan|Salisan]] 10:17, 12 September 2006 (CEST)
----
We need to update this page to include the Armed Assault release.
--[[User:ViperMaul|ViperMaul]] 04:08, 25 August 2007 (CEST)

Revision as of 04:08, 25 August 2007

removed the following text as being irrelevent to mod folders per se

Mission modfolders Within the Missions folder you can use subfolders, like in the example shown here. This cannot be done in the MPMissions folder. You don't have to use a Mod to make such subfolders, you can create them also just to sort your missions.

Within the MissionModFolder, you can place an overview.html which, just like Single missions, can display an image and some lines of text.

Added commentary about using modfolders for addons.

ook? 20:51, 30 May 2006 (CEST)

Is there a recommended size of mod folder? perhaps a good estimate should be added as well.

hoz 21:02, 30 May 2006 (CEST)

no, that's entirely irrelevant. If anything the use of mod folders (plural) decreases the mem requirements because only those pbo's wanted, are used. (unlike plunking *everything* in the ~/addons folder

--ook? 11:00, 5 July 2006 (CEST)

I've had some problems with various tools both related to OFP and otherwise choking on i/o operations involving folders with '@' in the foldername. It makes it easy to recognize what's a mod folder and what's not, but really isn't required and can occasionally be a nusiance.

Shinraiden 06:26, 20 July 2006 (CEST)

There's various addons or mods that use hard-coded absolute pathing instead of relative pathing, ECP for example, that mandate the usage of a particular mod folder name. I think there's some that are pathed to expect to be in the primary addons folder, I can't think of any off the top of my head for OFP, but there's a number for VBS1. There probably should be a note about this. Shinraiden 11:11, 12 September 2006 (CEST)

Correct Name?

Is 'modfolders' a good name for this article? Can we do better? Should there be a modifications article describing the whole concept? :)

--Salisan 10:17, 12 September 2006 (CEST)

We need to update this page to include the Armed Assault release. --ViperMaul 04:08, 25 August 2007 (CEST)