Location – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 17:30, 4 January 2023 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "ExternalLink" to "Link")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This is a significant find. So these locations are Global in MP. Correct? But the variables are not due to the limitations of setVariable. Correct? And once a location is set can you move the location? Sounds like you cannot correct? --ViperMaul 19:58, 26 November 2007 (CET)

Unfortunately I have no idea about MP performance (and no simple way to test). But I can tell you that mission created locations can be moved as freely as an object can be, while in my testing it seems the island's config defined locations cannot be altered. --Ceeeb 22:26, 26 November 2007 (CET)

Nice find Ceeeb! Hopefully someone will report how often these update (for a moving object) and how well they work with JIP. --Doolittle 06:56, 28 November 2007 (CET)

Both answered.--Suma 10:50, 28 November 2007 (CET)

To quote the last bulletted point on the Location page. "A terrain's config can not be changed using the location script commands, but they can be found and read. This provides a single command method of finding nearby high points, towns, etc. " In other words you can, by script, determine the position and size of "Paraiso" as defined by the map/terrain. however if you do not like the size or shape or position you cannot by script change it, or event delete it and create a new one, the commands execute by have no effect. This restriction does NOT apply to locations created by script using createLocation BarmyArmy

getVariable and setVariable doesn't seem to work in ArmA II. tsuki

So it seems, after all. Submitted to the CIT (dead link). Shuko 18:55, 17 July 2010 (CEST)