SafeZone – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 23:36, 21 September 2021 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Vigilante" to "PhilippRauch")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Shouldnt it be safeZone for all commands regarding that? I.e. safeZoneX, safeZoneY, safeZoneW, safeZoneH ?? So it correlates with BIS other naming of commands? --PhilippRauch 00:47, 10 June 2009 (CEST)

SafeZone is the area. SafeZoneX and the orther are functions to return the size of this area for me. --HeliJunkie 21:04, 9 June 2009 (CEST)

True, but thats not what i meant... all commands from BIS seem to begin with a small letter, but with SafeZoneX etc.. it seems they deviated from this 'tradition'. Following that 'tradition' it would be safeZoneX not SafeZoneX ... I propose a move of all related pages that contain a capital first letter, which is not used on any other commands, except the mentioned Why? Is there a important reason? Or is it just a typo? --PhilippRauch 00:45, 10 June 2009 (CEST)

The capitalization doesn't really matter (at least not for Arma).
When I generated the pages I went by the capitalization as it was in the ComRef - no idea if there's a rhyme or reason behind what's uppercase and what's lower, but I wouldn't worry about it too much... ;)
--Kronzky 05:14, 10 June 2009 (CEST)

Ok, good to know, of course nothing breaks (well except the 'flow' of the commands list). I just realized them when i added the 'see also' wiki links to those commands, they didnt work first... i used lowercase firstletter due to being used to that for years now, its 'different' to see those commands being written with uppercase firstletter in the list though. :) I just thought there is a 'design rule' somewhere, maybe my memory plays tricks, but wasnt there a stub somewhere about it? Maybe im too anal about it, but as Graphics Designer i would get into trouble if i delivered copy with it since my customer would regard those as 'typos'. So i guess its ok then. :) Thanks for clarifying. --PhilippRauch 11:31, 10 June 2009 (CEST)

--Pierre MGI 19:15, 24 September 2014 (HT) Not so simple! take a 51cm/29cm screen. That should mean a "full screen ratio" of 1.7586. Now hint SafezoneW/safezoneH.. answer is 1.33333. No problem to place a control with safezone coordinate but things turn hard if you intend to display a perfect circle (i.e. in HUD) for all resolution/ratio available in Arma. Mission impossible?