Scripting – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
m (Text replacement - "Offical" to "Official")

(15 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Making the list for OFP up to version 1.46 and a list for OFP up to version 1.97 won't be too difficult, however, making a list for ArmA will be difficult, as we have no access to such a list, nor the definitions of new commands and relevant changes to old commands.
== Less tutorial ==

If we had such a list we might manage that better ;)
I think this article should focus on "what is scripting?" and less on tutorials, which are addressed elsewhere. Can I make that change? [[User:KC Grimes|KC Grimes]] ([[User talk:KC Grimes|talk]]) 17:30, 25 April 2018 (CEST)

Planck
== Version Numbers? ==

-----
I'm a bit confused over some of the required versions, for the scripting commands; '''Version 2.90 required,Version 2.54 required'''.
Off course, I assume nobody outside BIS can make sure ArmA list is accurate. A good starting point could be to assume all 1.97 commands are still present in ArmA. We will add new commands and remove obsolete ones later on.

--[[User:Suma|Suma]] 15:07, 19 April 2006 (CEST)
Are these internal version numbers, to be revised on release?

-----
Also I noticed this comment:

Ok, that sounds fair enough. :)
'''Version 2.92 required.'''

Planck
'''Function not available in Armed Assault.'''

== Command case mismatch in the examples ==
Is this looking beyond the initial release of Armed Assault, or perhaps another product like Game 2?

A lot of examples contain mismatches case in command links. To find them efficiently use [[Special:Wantedpages]] - when you see a command there, click on the number of links and you will see which pages are referencing the command by using bad case. Fixing it is then easy.
Cheers

--[[User:Suma|Suma]] 16:32, 21 April 2006 (CEST)
:: The funny version numbers will change once ArmA is released, we will synch up those version numbers.
::For the second comment, if you look at the talk page [[hierarchyObjectsCount]] you will see Suma's comments.

<hr>
::[[User:Hoz|hoz]] 04:38, 19 July 2006 (CEST)
I can't see any mismatched case in command links, however there were links to pages that did not yet exist.
I created the pages as placeholders.

Planck
== Command Questions? ==

<hr>
Is it ok to ask questions about specific commands on the Wiki?
I cleaned up most of the case mismatches for the com refs.

Hoz
:: If your looking for help on using particular command then use the Official BI forums, or [[OFPEC]] or any other great mission editing scripting site. If your asking about usuage of an ArmA command, also us the BI forums, there is a thread now dedicated to the wiki commands. ArmA isn't released just yet and all of the new commands could change in some way. So lets leave those discussion to the forums until the game is released.

<hr>
== VBS Reference ==

Suma, can it be assumed that any of the new scripting commands in Elite, would also be in ArmA? Can we go ahead and populate those commands in ArmA?
Since we got the ok on VBS info, I guess we'll have to add a category for that now here too.<br>
The only question is, should we list ''all'' commands that are in VBS (like we do for ArmA vs. OFP), or just the ones that are ''different'' from OFP? (I personally would prefer the second option, more like the [[:Category:Armed Assault: New Scripting Commands List|New Scripting Commands List]].) --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 23:34, 27 July 2006 (CEST)

-hoz
: Well, for now just add the new commands (maybe already using hardrock's template?). Don't forget the ones from the latest patches. When we're converting all commands to hardrock's template version we can add the VBS category. --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 23:45, 27 July 2006 (CEST)

-----
----
Yes, you can assume anything in OFP:E is valid for ArmA as well. We can verify / update this later on you add them.
I think if VBS Commands are going to be added then they should be added to the generic Scripting Commands list.

--[[User:Suma|Suma]] 10:30, 27 April 2006 (CEST)
Then a new category for VBS Commands can be made listing these new commands and any older commands that are relevant to VBS.

-----
Either that, or a completely seperate and distinct list for VBS commands
We've added all the OFP:E commands, there was no offical release so we are unable to populate those commands logically. If you have a comref for OFP:E we can populate those too.

-hoz
[[User:Planck|Planck]] 02:24, 28 July 2006 (CEST)
-----
Gentlemen, please excuse my ignorance, but where did version 1.97 come from?  I have never heard of it and it is not available in the listing at [http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/download.html "Addons at Ease" Dowloads]?

--[[User:RichUK|RichUK]] 17:32, 28 April 2006 (CEST)
-----

Well, it was Suma himself that created the Category, so I assume it refers to the latest server.exe update because I too have up to 1.96.

[[User:Planck|Planck]] 11:56, 29 April 2006 (CEST)
-----

== 1.96 is correct ==

There is no 1.97. 1.96 is correct - a mistake on my side (working with 2.97 daily at the time of writing .;).

I assume moving all articles into correct categories will be quite painfull now, but if more people would be able to cooperate on this, it may not be that bad.

--[[User:Suma|Suma]] 15:06, 1 June 2006 (CEST)

Oh well... so let's start! We've got a month of time left.

--[[User:Raedor|Raedor]] 20:27, 1 June 2006 (CEST)

== Category Scripting? ==

We already have categorys for the different commands, but what about things like the [[Debugging Techniques]]? They don't fit the category Scripting commands, but "Scripting" and I think there are some other pages that would fit this category (tutorials etc).

--[[User:Raedor|Raedor]] 22:58, 2 July 2006 (CEST)

Latest revision as of 18:08, 1 February 2021

Less tutorial

I think this article should focus on "what is scripting?" and less on tutorials, which are addressed elsewhere. Can I make that change? KC Grimes (talk) 17:30, 25 April 2018 (CEST)

Version Numbers?

I'm a bit confused over some of the required versions, for the scripting commands; Version 2.90 required,Version 2.54 required.

Are these internal version numbers, to be revised on release?

Also I noticed this comment:

Version 2.92 required.

Function not available in Armed Assault.

Is this looking beyond the initial release of Armed Assault, or perhaps another product like Game 2?

Cheers

The funny version numbers will change once ArmA is released, we will synch up those version numbers.
For the second comment, if you look at the talk page hierarchyObjectsCount you will see Suma's comments.
hoz 04:38, 19 July 2006 (CEST)

Command Questions?

Is it ok to ask questions about specific commands on the Wiki?

If your looking for help on using particular command then use the Official BI forums, or OFPEC or any other great mission editing scripting site. If your asking about usuage of an ArmA command, also us the BI forums, there is a thread now dedicated to the wiki commands. ArmA isn't released just yet and all of the new commands could change in some way. So lets leave those discussion to the forums until the game is released.

VBS Reference

Since we got the ok on VBS info, I guess we'll have to add a category for that now here too.
The only question is, should we list all commands that are in VBS (like we do for ArmA vs. OFP), or just the ones that are different from OFP? (I personally would prefer the second option, more like the New Scripting Commands List.) --Kronzky 23:34, 27 July 2006 (CEST)

Well, for now just add the new commands (maybe already using hardrock's template?). Don't forget the ones from the latest patches. When we're converting all commands to hardrock's template version we can add the VBS category. --raedor 23:45, 27 July 2006 (CEST)

I think if VBS Commands are going to be added then they should be added to the generic Scripting Commands list.

Then a new category for VBS Commands can be made listing these new commands and any older commands that are relevant to VBS.

Either that, or a completely seperate and distinct list for VBS commands

Planck 02:24, 28 July 2006 (CEST)