findNearestEnemy – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 14:48, 12 March 2024 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Killzone Kid" to "Killzone_Kid")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Quote ---Returns the nearest enemy the group knows about, not the true nearest enemy. Returns a null object if the group does not know about any enemies.

Seems reasonable to me.

Planck 07:20, 9 January 2007 (CET)

group or unit

is this a return type of group as well as unit? ook?

is detecting empty vehicles

Posted on September 25, 2015 - 04:26 (UTC)
Pierre MGI
The bad point of this command is a lack of parameter to define priority/pound on enemy "value". I often use this command in a "on each frame" HUD, while in group assault or alone. My experience is nearest enemy (NE) is often car or tank even if multiple enemy units are closer. More than that, if you shoot this vehicle and its crew disembark, it remains the "nearsest enemy". It's weird for an empty vehicle. Kill the crew, it's still NE. For sure, the situation could change, but you have time to kill the crew and jump into the vehicle, or destroy it!

Only detects editor placed vehicles this way. This is a bug and should be submitted on FT rather than in the notes. Anyway, made the ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25841 Killzone_Kid (talk) 22:41, 25 September 2015 (CEST)