nearObjects – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 19:27, 29 December 2020 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "ArmA 2" to "Arma 2")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The returned object is not necessarily the closest one.

But an array of objects is returned, so this doesnt make sense. --T_D 09:46, 4 May 2007 (CEST)

Yeah, sorry. I'll rephrase that.
I meant to say that the first element in the array is not necessarily the closest one (like it is in the other "near*" commands). --Kronzky 16:31, 4 May 2007 (CEST)

Note recently added:

{_x setdamage 1} foreach (player nearObjects 50);

This neglects to mention that the player will also be killed, as will any other units within the range.

Planck 20:12, 26 August 2007 (CEST)

This can find #particlesource where as nearestObjects can't (?). --Doolittle 03:58, 28 August 2009 (CEST)

In Arma 2 buildings that are hidden by LOD are not visible using this command. There is also an interesting fact: if you use this command to detect buildings in the nearest location of type NameCity or NameCityCapital, it'll work properly. For NameVillage, however, the returned array is empty. --18:04, 27 September 2009 (CEST) tsuki.

Check the Z coordinate of the location. In Arma some NameVillage Locations are positioned below sea level (IIRC Bonanza is at [<x>,<y>,-200]), so searching for stuff near them (e.g. 100m) won't yield any results. --Worldeater 05:29, 30 September 2009 (CEST)

It would be better to talk of distance rather than radius for the parameter.
Radius might imply a 2d plain, while distance is more accurate. Thoughts?

Same for nearestObjects and nearObjects. --Kju 14:59, 21 June 2010 (CEST)

Radii are defined for spheres just like for circles, so I don't see why this should imply a distance on a plane. Anyways, I think radius is just fine, as it implies a spherical shape with position as center, and everything inside that shape is returned. Distance is a good fit too, though. Both have their pros and cons. --TeRp 17:13, 21 June 2010 (CEST)