From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Find objects in the circle with given radius.
If typeName is given, only objects of given type (or its subtype) are listed.
The first object in the returned array is not necessarily the closest one (like it is in nearestObjects for example).
- position nearObjects radius or [typeName, radius]
- position: Array - format Position
- [typeName, radius]: Array
- typeName: String
- radius: Number
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_list = position player nearObjects 50
- Example 2:
_list= [_xpos,_ypos] nearObjects ["House",20]
- See also:
- Posted on June 30, 2007 - 08:21
Units in vehicles are not detected via this command.
- Posted on December 15, 2011 - 23:17
In the second example, you can't omit the typeName parameter. It's required and you'll get an error if you don't supply it. Use "All" as an alternative to leaving it out. (CO 1.59)
- Posted on January 3, 2013 - 19:59
- If you use the first example, it will return objects many more objects such as pollen, honeybees and crucially, triggers. Triggers will show in the returned array as "no shape" but you can use typeOf to get the classname, which will give "EmptyDetector". This will not return objects that don't have classnames such as plants, stones and some map objects like vehicle wrecks. nearestObjects will find objects without classnames.