preprocessFileLineNumbers – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 18: Line 18:
the trailing example makes no sense other than to imply some sort of code statement is in the file
the trailing example makes no sense other than to imply some sort of code statement is in the file
[[User:Mikero|ook?]] 12:42, 29 August 2007 (CEST)
[[User:Mikero|ook?]] 12:42, 29 August 2007 (CEST)
you mean in the main article? - that's true... the examples 'result' is incorrect. it should read as per above example... also, subsequent branches out of the file that is being preprocessed also have '#LINE<number> <PathnameToFile> + <text of file>' and the line numbering appears to be hierarchical. --[[User:Sy|Sy]] 14:25, 29 August 2007 (CEST)

Revision as of 14:25, 29 August 2007

What's the difference between this and preprocessFile? --T_D 21:23, 22 July 2006 (CEST)

LOL - This was my question ^^ What is the difference between preprocessFileLineNumbers and preprocessFile? --ViperMaul

The text string returned by preprocessFile -> "Text contained in file"

The text string returned by preprocessFileLineNumbers -> "#LINE 1 '<PathnameToFile>'" + the above. --Sy 16:52, 31 May 2007 (CEST)

That is what I was hoping. Thanks!! So I assume if there is an error in the code you would get better error feedback on the screen when your code breaks. A line number is better than guessing where in your code you saw that code before. --ViperMaul 17:26, 31 May 2007 (CEST)

the trailing example makes no sense other than to imply some sort of code statement is in the file ook? 12:42, 29 August 2007 (CEST)

you mean in the main article? - that's true... the examples 'result' is incorrect. it should read as per above example... also, subsequent branches out of the file that is being preprocessed also have '#LINE<number> <PathnameToFile> + <text of file>' and the line numbering appears to be hierarchical. --Sy 14:25, 29 August 2007 (CEST)