From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Clarified via MSN :))
(Command examples & wiki code)
Line 1: Line 1:

=Command Examples=
gday Kronzky,<br>
can you please use the bot to make proper example templates.<br>
Right now the new A2 pages either have no entry or a code tag. Yet a pre is needed. Code somehow breaks more complex examples like [[isFlatEmpty]].<br>
Example pages with broken example template code: [[savingEnabled]] and [[inGameUISetEventHandler]]. Thanks!
--[[User:WGL.Q|.kju]] 16:45, 13 July 2009 (CEST)
:The problem you came across happens ''everywhere'' in the command template. Any equal sign that's used in the template has to be surrounded by '''<nowiki><nowiki></nowiki></nowiki>''' tags.<br>
:You're right that this doesn't happen inside <nowiki><pre></nowiki> tags, but, even though I don't *remember* the reasons for it, I *think* there was one, to use <nowiki><code></nowiki> instead of <nowiki><pre></nowiki> to indicate code (it may have had to do with the search functions).<br>
:So, I guess I'll just leave it to whoever adds examples to the commands, to either use <nowiki><pre></nowiki>, or to surround equal signs with <nowiki><nowiki></nowiki></nowiki> tags. --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 14:31, 17 July 2009 (CEST)

Revision as of 14:31, 17 July 2009

Command Examples

gday Kronzky,
can you please use the bot to make proper example templates.
Right now the new A2 pages either have no entry or a code tag. Yet a pre is needed. Code somehow breaks more complex examples like isFlatEmpty.
Example pages with broken example template code: savingEnabled and inGameUISetEventHandler. Thanks! --.kju 16:45, 13 July 2009 (CEST)

The problem you came across happens everywhere in the command template. Any equal sign that's used in the template has to be surrounded by <nowiki></nowiki> tags.
You're right that this doesn't happen inside <pre> tags, but, even though I don't *remember* the reasons for it, I *think* there was one, to use <code> instead of <pre> to indicate code (it may have had to do with the search functions).
So, I guess I'll just leave it to whoever adds examples to the commands, to either use <pre>, or to surround equal signs with <nowiki></nowiki> tags. --Kronzky 14:31, 17 July 2009 (CEST)