Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Set variable to given value in the variable space of given element. To remove a variable, set it to nil (e.g. player setVariable ["varname",nil]).
- In MP, the variable space of the object is local to each client. Changes are not broadcast, except in Arma 2 via public parameter for supported types.
- objectName setVariable [name, value, (public)]
- objectName: Object or Location. Arma 2 also supports: Namespace, Group, Control, Task
- [name, value]: Array
- name: String
- value: Any_Value
- public: Boolean - Only available for Object types. If public is true then the value is broadcast to all computers.
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_myTruck setVariable ["myVariable", 123, true];
- According to Suma, beginning with ArmA version 1.08, "setVariable now should work on any entity which can be targeted by AI, including soldier and game logic units. This includes most buildings, but not other static objects. Using it with buildings one should be aware the building may be discarded because of streaming. In such case the variable space is lost. When used for buildings, the storage should therefore be considered non-reliable." Reference: Make setVariable work on other things than just vehicles
- Posted on 3 November, 2009 - 19:40 (CEST)
- Public variable parameter works also for groups in ArmA II. A2 CIT.
- Posted on January 18, 2010 - 17:27 (CEST)
- Lou Montana
- this command doesn't work with tasks in Arma 2 1.05