setViewDistance: Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (VBS2 scripting category removal)
(mass edit: removing obsolete </dt> and </dd> tags)
Line 29: Line 29:
<dl class="command_description">
<!-- Note Section BEGIN -->
<dt class="note">'''[[User:Ceeeb|Ceeeb]]'''</dt>
<dt class="note">'''[[User:Ceeeb|Ceeeb]]'''
<dd class="note">
<dd class="note">
In '''OFP v1.96''', view distance also defines the maximum distance between a unit and any other unit they can [[knowsAbout|know about]]. Higher view distance will involve more AI simulation cycles for every unit, which causes low performance.</dd>
In '''OFP v1.96''', view distance also defines the maximum distance between a unit and any other unit they can [[knowsAbout|know about]]. Higher view distance will involve more AI simulation cycles for every unit, which causes low performance.
<!-- Note Section END -->
</dl>
</dl>
<dt class="note">'''[[User:galzohar|galzohar]]'''</dt>
<dt class="note">'''[[User:galzohar|galzohar]]'''
<dd class="note">
<dd class="note">
I tested the above and it seems to apply in Arma 2 as well. AI at a bit above 500m would stop engaging when I lowered the view distance down to 500m and re-engaged when I increased it back.</dd>
I tested the above and it seems to apply in Arma 2 as well. AI at a bit above 500m would stop engaging when I lowered the view distance down to 500m and re-engaged when I increased it back.
</dl>
</dl>
<dt class="note">'''[[User:DesertEagle|DesertEagle]]'''</dt>
<dt class="note">'''[[User:DesertEagle|DesertEagle]]'''
<dd class="note">
<dd class="note">
In ArmA 2 viewDistance can be set up to 15 km with this command ( while from interface only 10 km )</dd>
In ArmA 2 viewDistance can be set up to 15 km with this command ( while from interface only 10 km )
</dl>
</dl>

Revision as of 03:58, 18 October 2011

Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Set rendering distance, in metres. Default is 900m (in OFP) or 1,200m (in ArmA), accepted range is 500m to 5,000m (in OFP) or 10,000m (in ArmA).
Groups:
Uncategorised

Syntax

Syntax:
setViewDistance distance
Parameters:
distance: Number
Return Value:
Nothing

Examples

Example 1:
setViewDistance 2250

Additional Information

See also:
viewDistanceviewDistance_(VBS2)setTerrainGrid

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note

Notes

Ceeeb
In OFP v1.96, view distance also defines the maximum distance between a unit and any other unit they can know about. Higher view distance will involve more AI simulation cycles for every unit, which causes low performance.
galzohar
I tested the above and it seems to apply in Arma 2 as well. AI at a bit above 500m would stop engaging when I lowered the view distance down to 500m and re-engaged when I increased it back.
DesertEagle
In ArmA 2 viewDistance can be set up to 15 km with this command ( while from interface only 10 km )

Bottom Section