From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Operation Flashpoint
- Set rendering distance, in metres. Default is 900m (in OFP) or 1,200m (in ArmA), accepted range is 500m to 5,000m (in OFP) or 10,000m (in ArmA). Setting view distance to <= 0 resets the value to the one set in Options->Video->General->Visibility->Overall
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
//reset view distance in Arma 3 setViewDistance -1;
- See also:
- In OFP v1.96, view distance also defines the maximum distance between a unit and any other unit they can know about. Higher view distance will involve more AI simulation cycles for every unit, which causes low performance.
- I tested the above and it seems to apply in Arma 2 as well. AI at a bit above 500m would stop engaging when I lowered the view distance down to 500m and re-engaged when I increased it back.
- In ArmA 2 viewDistance can be set up to 15 km with this command ( while from interface only 10 km )
- Posted on October 15, 2014 - 03:14 (UTC)
- In Arma 3, Values below 200 have no visible effect.
- Posted on November 20, 2014 - 00:35 (UTC)
- To clarify Bernagee's post, values under 200 have no effect. Tested by setViewDistance below 200, then hint viewDistance. It will not go below 200. Also, as object view distance can only be, at a maximum, the view distance, object view distance will also be reset to 200.
- Posted on June 8, 2015 - 10:25 (UTC)
- Client-side max view distance is limited by the server's view distance. Tested in Arma 3.