Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:26, 20 January 2022 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "\|seealso= *\[\[([^ ]+)\]\], \[\[([^ ]+)\]\]" to "|seealso= $1 $2")
- Immediately applies given animation to the unit. For a smooth transition from the current animation, use playMove.
This command first resets the unit's animation states (including aiming state, gesture state, etc.) then puts the unit in the first frame of the animation (therefore showing no transition).If an invalid animation is provided, the unit's animations will be reset but no new animation will be played (see Example 3).
- This command has global effect when executed locally to the unit and will sync for JIP. In this case the animation on the executing machine is immediate while on remote machines it will be transitional. In order for the animation to change immediately on every PC in multiplayer, use global remote execution (see Example 2). When the argument is remote, the animation change on the executing PC is only temporary.
- person switchMove moveName
- person: Object - unit
- moveName: String - animation state (see animationState)
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
player switchMove "AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon";
- Example 2:
- Sit player immediately and globally:
[player, "AmovPsitMstpSlowWrflDnon"] remoteExec ["switchMove", 0];
- Example 3:
- Resets unit's animation:
_unit switchMove "";
- See also:
- playMove playMoveNow switchAction playAction playActionNow
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on March 25, 2007 - 23:48
- In some cases the movement won't stay. I.e. AI hostages that put their hands behind their heads (_hostage switchMove "AmovPercMstpSsurWnonDnon") won't hold their hands up, unless you first use disableAI "autoTarget" on them. They mostly put their hands down because they 'noticed' unknown objects.
- Posted on August 03, 2008 - 22:43
- This command will not cause an AnimChanged or AnimDone event. However, playMove will.
- Posted on November 12, 2016 - 20:11 (UTC)
When using this command on the player unit outside unscheduled UI contexts, it will cause a minor camera glitch for a single frame.
For example, Draw3D and KeyDown are UI contexts and so are not affected by the glitch, but EachFrame and scheduled scripts are not UI contexts and are affected by the glitch.
- Posted on August 8, 2021 - 15:59 (UTC)
If the animation you're trying to use with this command has no connection/interpolation to the unit's base animation (usually "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon"), the move might not play using switchMove alone. In such cases you have to do this:
_unit switchMove _move; _unit playMoveNow _move;This must run in the unscheduled environment (see isNil)
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Operation Flashpoint version 1.00
- Operation Flashpoint: New Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Elite: Scripting Commands
- ArmA: Armed Assault: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead: Scripting Commands
- Take On Helicopters: Scripting Commands
- Arma 3: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Animations
- Scripting Commands: Global Effect