Enfusion is an engine currently (2021) in development by Bohemia Interactive in order to replace Real Virtuality as their common base for future games. As of 2019, Bohemia Interactive assigned most of its development teams to this project. This engine is already in use on DayZ as of 0.63, which was released in 2018. However, it only makes use of Enfusion's rendering, animation and scripting systems.
Enfusion is announced to allow far more flexibility and scalability than Real Virtuality, specifically through modding with the availability of extensive development tools and ability for modders to create their own plugins for Enfusion. Furthermore, Enfusion would also allow modders to interact with the games' core features and mechanics.
- Script Syntax
- Open source 3D software tools support.
- Compatibility with multiple gaming platforms.
- DirectX 12 support 
- Full set of developer tools (Workbench modules) 
- Improved utilization of modern processors and graphics cards 
The below images were taken on January 22nd 2021 and released as puzzle pieces among various official communications. Reddit user Kadava (amongst others) collected them and assembled them on Reddit over time.
Enfusion Engine Website
Notes and references
- "Bohemia in 2019", Korneel van 't Land on the Developer's Blog on bohemia.net, December 18, 2019 (accessed on April 23rd, 2020).
- "DayZ’s long awaited engine upgrade is finally coming in the next update", Matthew Wilson on kitguru.net, April 9, 2018 (accessed on April 23rd, 2020).
- "Introducing Enfusion Engine: The Modern Heart of Our Future Games", Bohemia Interactive on the Developer's Blog on bohemia.net, December 15, 2021 (accessed on December 17th, 2021).
- DirectX 12 support
- Full set of developer tools (Workbench modules)
- Improved utilization of modern processors and graphics cards
- 2021-02-10 Enfusion engine first look "Puzzle" update. Piecing together all that we have
- 2021-02-27 UPDATE on the enfusion engine sneak peek puzzle... If you find any more puzzle pieces please send them in! very appreciative!