User talk:Ffur2007slx2 5
Hi, regarding your comment in isClass - BIS_fnc_getCfgIsClass is a function created specifically for A3 campaign and is in no way intended as a replacement for isClass command. Could you please modify your comment? ++Str (talk) 10:22, 1 April 2014 (CEST)
Hi Ffur. Although this is arguably not of great importance, could I ask that you add a concise edit summary (e.g. "Added note", "Fixed spelling" or "Linked <code>" etc.) for your edits? It helps current and future editors understand a page's history and RecentChanges is far more useful with edit summaries. I would agree that the content is far more important than the circumstances, but we're building documentation, and the documentation about how we're doing it has its own value. Docuception! ;-) -- Fred Gandt (talk) 23:48, 2 April 2014 (CEST)
Oh sorry Fred Gandt, I’ll add edit summaries from then on. And I’ll be appreciate if you can point out some mistakes I might make, thanks. ++ffur2007slx2_5 (talk) 13:42, 3 April 2014 (CEST)
- There's certainly no need for "sorry" and mistakes can only be made if there's a right way. Wikis are perhaps the collaborative epitome of the wisdom of crowds, and for guidence, Wikipedia is perhaps the epitome of wikis, and as such can be used as a yardstick. But in the end, whatever we do is right. Thanks :-) -- Fred Gandt (talk/contribs) 08:13, 3 April 2014 (CEST)
See Also ArmA:_Actions
I think you should consider changing, or removing the direct See Also to ArmA:_Actions#USEWEAPON, only because if you go to Category:Actions youll see there are 3 different versions of that document, ArmA:_Actions being the eldest...not sure if it would be wise to send all referrals there instead of the Category page where the reader can choose their game version, or maybe it would be better as a note or other mention (instead of trying to cram 3 see also links). --Strangepete (talk) 18:58, 8 April 2014 (CEST)
The form, function and handling of notes is a matter currently being scrutinized, and at present, all that are current should remain as they are - within reason.
The qualification of older notes or the addition of notes clarifying how things have changed will be for the foreseeable future a preferable methodology than the removal of notes, since although we may now enjoy improvements that appear to render them obsolete, people are still using and developing for older game versions, and may need to refer to the information those notes maintain.
Until notes are handled better, please consider those that are already in place "set in stone" (again - within reason), but feel free to continue adding as many notes as are useful.
It may be that when the handling of notes is improved, some or even much of the current information therewithin may be scrapped, but if it's not there, we can't read it to know whether or not to keep it or rewrite it or exclude it.
- Yeah…I just image people no longer use older version now, as you said, maybe I overdo it… - ffur2007slx2_5
- Arma 2 (inclusively and not exclusively) still has a very busy and enthusiastic development and player following. Plus, even if it didn't, BI are still selling all the older titles, thus they are supported, thus we have a duty to keep the documentation relevant.
- For now (until notes are handled differently/better), just add qualifiers where older notes seem contradictory or inaccurate; either a new note explaining how things have changed (ideal), or a few words added to the old note to put it in perspective (the dates already do this). -- Fred Gandt (talk|contribs) 19:53, 22 June 2014 (CEST)
- Thank you for reminding me, I got it. - ffur2007slx2_5
Hey I appreciate all the effort you've been putting in lately , but I think it would be better to just add a link to one central page. It just seems unnecessary to post the exact same info on every single page. Try creating a new page.
--Benargee, Sept 11/2014
Overwriting old examples
I've just restored quite a few old example you have overwritten, for list and combo boxes. While your efforts with new examples and pictures are appreciated, this is not an excuse to delete valuable older data. Let me remind you that there is quite large following of the older Arma games who also use this biki. Next time please add your examples rather that overwrite existing. --KK