Arma 2: Zone Restriction Module
(Redirected from Zone Restriction)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Zone Restriction (Zora) module defines a kill zone around the playable one to avoid player(s) to flee from the battlefield.
This only works for player unit.
A border is created where enemy patrols can be spawned, hunting the player while in this danger zone.
Modules (F7) > Zone Restriction
- Insert sensor(s) named BIS_Zora_x - x as a number, starting from 0, numbers must follow, e.g BIS_Zora_0, BIS_Zora_1, etc.
The sensors are used to define the combat area.
Optional parameters for module init
Set variables in init of Zone Restriction module with desired values:
- bordersize = <number>; - set the border size, between the "normal" area and the immediate death area
- Example: this setvariable ["bordersize", 250];
- Default value: 1000m
- factionlist = <array>; - list of factions that can patrol in the border
- Example: this setvariable ["factionlist", ["USMC", "CDF", "GUE"]];
- Default value: ["GUE"]
- maxgroups = <number>; - maximum number of groups at once chasing players in the border
- Example: this setvariable ["maxgroups", 8];
- Default value: 3 ; minimum 1, else, will be reset to default
- debug = <bool>; - show restricted zone by markers on map, and patrols going after players in the border
- Example: this setVariable ["debug", true];
- Default value: false
Set global variables with desired values:
- BIS_Zora_Pause = <bool>; - pause the detection
- Patrols will hunt down players in border given the formula [posx - 50 + (random 100), posy - 50 + (random 100), 0]
- Patrols will retreat after some time if the player left the border (either killed or gone back in safe zone)
- Patrols will disappear (instantly) once defeated / retreated
- You will have to place on the map at least one unit of the faction you will create with this module, or setFriend their side, so the created patrols attack their enemies
- Disembarking from a vehicle you embarked in the border will make you killed as if you left the combat area (even if disembarking in safe zone)
- Disembarking from a vehicle you started in will make you killed as if you left the combat area
A quick fix-up (you will be able to travel everywhere in a vehicle, but will get shot if you disembark / will get hunted down if in border) :