From Bohemia Interactive Community
Click on the images for descriptions
- Armed Assault
- Sets how friendly side1 is with side2. For a value smaller than 0.6 it results in being enemy, otherwise it's friendly. Intended to be used on mission start. Changing value during mission can cause unexpected errors in AI behavior.
- side1 setFriend [side2 , value]
- side1: Side
- [side2 , value]: Array
- side2: Side
- value: Number
- Return Value:
- Have effect only when called on server
- See also:
- Posted on 18:49, 28 December 2006
- This command might be buggy in ArmA (or the description regarding enemy status is wrong). See this discussion.
- Posted on 11:25, 30 November 2007
- Setting the civilian side to be the enemy of any other side will result in the other side attacking inanimate mission editor placed objects such as empty vehicles and static objects, since these objects belong to the civilian side.
- Posted on 15:57, 27 February 2008
- Be aware that this command only sets the friendliness of one side. If you want to have both sides attacking each other, you have to set both:
Resistance setFriend [East, 0]; East setFriend [Resistance, 0];
- Posted on October 11, 2014 - 20:43 (UTC)
- (Arma 3 1.30 stable) It is possible to make a side hostile towards itself.
west setFriend [west, 0];It is only possible to do so with west/blufor, east/opfor, independent/resistance and civilian. This essentially creates a free for all deathmatch. Affects AI behaviour too.