Jump to navigation Jump to search
Click on the images for descriptions
- Arma 3
- Changes the mass of a PhysX object. When using the alternative syntax the mass change is gradual during the given time. A time of zero means immediate change.
- myObject setMass [mass, time]
- myObject: Object
- [mass, time]: Array
- mass: Number
- time: Number
- Return Value:
- Posted on 20 Jun, 2014 - 12:50
(ArmA3 1.22) A quick reference:
category setMass setCenterOfMass unit The larger the mass is, the easier a unit will physically fatigued N/A aircraft The larger the mass is, the more sensitive an aircraft will react to joystick, vice versa (Except when AFM is enabled). Aircraft slant due to center change accordingly, and the position of the camera view will be altered relatively at the same time. (3rd person view) vehicle The larger the mass is, the slower a vehicle drives (Ships will sink), vice versa. (Land vehicle performs like a bouncing ball while ships accelerated pretty speedy.) Vehicle slant due to center change accordingly.
- Posted on March 26, 2015 - 15:02 (UTC)
- If you intend to use setMass in conjunction with ropeCreate in MP i highly recommend to first ropeCreate then setMass (on clientside). RopeCreate in MP will set the mass of the attached object to the server value upon execution.