BIS_fnc_effectFiredRocket

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 23:21, 13 November 2014 by DreadedEntity (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
N/A
Execution:
call
Groups:
Uncategorised

Syntax

Syntax:
Syntax needed
Return Value:
Return value needed

Examples

Example 1:

Additional Information

See also:
See also needed

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note

Notes

Bottom Section

Posted on November 13, 2014 - 21:21 (UTC)
DreadedEntity
This command doesn't do a lot. It only makes the vehicle you are in appear to have fired a rocket. No rockets are actually fired, no sound is made, nothing explodes. The only thing that happens is one little puff of smoke blows out of the back of your vehicle. BIS_Effects_RocketTrail is spawned at the end of the script, but it is commented out. I can only guess what it does since that command cannot be found here on the wiki, nor in the function viewer.

Looking in the function viewer reveals that only the first and last elements from the input array actually do anything, and there are no BIS_fnc_param calls to catch bad input, to me this indicates a WIP command. The command takes 5 parameters. Only the first and last are important, though. The second line in the script is: _sh = nearestObject [_this select 0, _this select 4]; So you can figure out acceptable parameters on your own.

As I stated above, the other 3 parameters are currently not used anywhere in the script. They can even be nil.
Here is an example of use:
[getPos player, nil, nil, nil, typeOf player] call BIS_fnc_effectFiredRocket; (A3 1.34.128075)