Scripting Commands – Category talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 66: Line 66:

[[units grp]] needs attention looks funny. [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 23:59, 1 August 2006 (CEST)
[[units grp]] needs attention looks funny. [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 23:59, 1 August 2006 (CEST)
[[object]] needs attention
[[onmapsingleclick]] also needs attention.

Revision as of 00:10, 2 August 2006

It seems that the list of Subcategories has moved to page 2 of Category Scripting Commands.

Also the list of commands are not all in strict alphabetical order.....strange.

Planck 12:05, 25 April 2006 (CEST)

The list of Subcategories has moved to page 3 of Category Scripting Commands.

Planck 13:23, 3 May 2006 (CEST)

Hlavac: I've fixed subcategories list position by disabling paging for categories.

Hlavac: The sorting issue is caused by people using just first letter as category sort key - that causes most pages to be in random order because they have all the same sort key. To fix this they should not use the sort key at all or use whole command name in uppercase as a sort key.

OK, thanks I think I have it, might take a while to change, but we'll get there.

Planck 13:21, 4 May 2006 (CEST)

OK, All done.

Planck 18:21, 4 May 2006 (CEST)

Infobox?

This maybe a good time to add infoboxes for scripting commands. I am now learning symtax, so if you have any idea, post it here. --Djura 12:35, 22 July 2006 (CEST)

The locality of the command in MP should be mentioned. --T_D 12:49, 22 July 2006 (CEST)
What do you think about this idea --Djura 13:53, 22 July 2006 (CEST) Template:Infobox scripting command
It's a beginning, you could add (as mentioned) the locality of the command and an example box --T_D 13:57, 22 July 2006 (CEST)
My idea is let example, (with example script witch shows command 'in the action') and description out of infobox.

Ok, I have to ask.....what is _x and this doing among the scripting commands.

My understanding is that _x is a special local variable and this can be either a variable or an array.

Planck 20:27, 30 July 2006 (CEST)

Depends on... ;) Well, _x can either be a "normal" defined local variable, but experienced scripters don't use _x as normal variable, as it is reserved in forEach and count. Example: {_x setDamage 1} forEach [Planck, raedor]. The forEach command will execute the line in {} once with each of the elements of the array. this is used in config defined action menu's conditions and in initlines (with this as the object you're creating; that also goes for createUnit). Then you have _this, which contains the arguments with which the script was opened. Eg: raedor exec "script.sqs", then _this would be raedor in the script. Also see this and x. --raedor 20:33, 30 July 2006 (CEST)
LOL, looks like I pretty much misunderstood your question. They have to do nothing there imho. --raedor 20:39, 30 July 2006 (CEST)

New Template

Hardrock has started on converting the commands over to the new template. I did W, see his sandbox talk page for instructions on how to copy and paste into the wiki and pick a letter and help out. :) hoz 23:43, 1 August 2006 (CEST)

U V W - Done.

Problem Commands

while needs attention. hoz 23:43, 1 August 2006 (CEST)

unitsunit needs attention looks funny.

units grp needs attention looks funny. hoz 23:59, 1 August 2006 (CEST)

object needs attention

onmapsingleclick also needs attention.