From Bohemia Interactive Community
- In Scripts/Functions: The given arguments that were passed by a call, exec, execVM or spawn.
For the arguments in scripts executed by mission-made actions or Event Handlers, check addAction and Event Handlers.
- In Addons' config files: An array with the current object as its first (and only) element.
- In Addons' custom UserActions: Unit that is activating the action.
- In Dialogs: An array with the current control as its first (and only) element (only available during runtime).
- In FSM executed by execFSM, this variable stores FSM ID (the same as is returned by execFSM command).
- This variable stores Event Handler ID (the same ID returned by command, which adds Event Handler) and is available for certain Event Handlers. See Arma_3:_Event_Handlers to find out which event handlers support it.
- In Addons' config files (e.g. UserActions, onInit, etc.): The object the entry belongs to.
- In Dialogs: The player unit that activated control (e.g. via mouseEnter). false if non-activated.
- In Object's "Init" line: The object the init line belongs to.
- In Triggers
- In Waypoints
- "Condition" or "On Activation/Deactivation" line: The group leader that completed the respective waypoint (or driver, if waypoint is assigned to a vehicle).
- In Triggers ("Condition" or "On Activation/Deactivation" line): An Array of objects that are currently fulfilling the trigger's condition (same as the what is returned by the list command).
- In Waypoints ("Condition" or "On Activation" line): An Array containing all group members that completed the respective waypoint.
(thisList in a trigger's deactivation field seems to be undefined, and should not be used. It will either return an empty array, or possibly the contents of a different trigger.)
- In Triggers ("Condition" or "On Activation/Deactivation" line): thisTrigger refers to the trigger itself.
About "This" A detailed tutorial by General Barron on the various forms of 'this' and where to use them.