Event Handlers – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Test Results)
mNo edit summary
Line 16: Line 16:

::RockSL performed some test for me on his server. To avoid cluttering up the Wiki I posted the scripts and results on the offical forums [http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=28ec11a1a36961c2374d9adc6cec4595;act=ST;f=51;t=54158;r=1;&#top MP Test Results] I think it does confirm that [[group]],[[player]] and [[local]] do return different results, depending how and when they are called during MP startup? [[User:UNN|UNN]] 16:15, 16 October 2006 (CEST)
::RockSL performed some test for me on his server. To avoid cluttering up the Wiki I posted the scripts and results on the offical forums [http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=28ec11a1a36961c2374d9adc6cec4595;act=ST;f=51;t=54158;r=1;&#top MP Test Results] I think it does confirm that [[group]],[[player]] and [[local]] do return different results, depending how and when they are called during MP startup? [[User:UNN|UNN]] 16:15, 16 October 2006 (CEST)
:::I'll add a note to the three commands; also I'll add a note to the init EH [[Operation_Flashpoint:_EventHandlers_List | here]]. The content page of this talk seems to be quite... well, useless, as the EHs are described somewhere else. I'll add links to the lists there.

Revision as of 00:52, 17 October 2006

Please don't change the link to local it points to a script command and should remain.

I added another link for Multiplayer locality.

Planck 13:17, 24 July 2006 (CEST)

I think the following should also be added to the MP notes section, but I'm not sure how best to format this. Could someone please advise, or add the information in the correct format, for future reference?

MP notes: "Init" eventhandler when executed by a unit config during the start of a mission, will not directly support group command. group will always return null. The same applies if the command is used in a function, thats called directly from the init event. To avoid this restriction, execute the command via a script, launched from the init event.

UNN 00:38, 15 October 2006 (CEST) AnswerMe

I'm not sure, but afair this also goes for player... can anyone state this? --raedor 14:21, 15 October 2006 (CEST)
I'm going to ask someone to test player this on a dedicated server, as I think the local command also always returns true at this point to.UNN 19:08, 15 October 2006 (CEST)
RockSL performed some test for me on his server. To avoid cluttering up the Wiki I posted the scripts and results on the offical forums MP Test Results I think it does confirm that group,player and local do return different results, depending how and when they are called during MP startup? UNN 16:15, 16 October 2006 (CEST)

I'll add a note to the three commands; also I'll add a note to the init EH here. The content page of this talk seems to be quite... well, useless, as the EHs are described somewhere else. I'll add links to the lists there.