Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hover & click on the images for descriptions
- Returns the object position in format Position.
- Array = getPos object
- object: Object; since VBS2 1.24: Location
- Return Value:
- Array - format Position
- Example 1:
- Posted on 16 Feb, 2007
- getPos obj select 2 might return the vertical position above ground level, but for a stacked object, it returns the vertical position above the object beneath it. The same problem exists for getPosASL. There was a discussion thread in the BIS forums which suggested the use of the command modelToWorld instead to get around this issue where an absolute vertical position is required. ArmA Ver 1.02.
- Posted on 14 Dec, 2010
- This command returns a PositionAGL. Apparently, Position and PositionAGL are the same thing.
- Posted on 6 Feb, 2011
- The z height returned changes dynamically with the height of waves beneath the object, if the object is located over sea. The z height returned by getPosATL and getPosASL does not change like this.