Jump to navigation Jump to search
Click on the images for descriptions
- Arma 2
- Returns a position that is a specified distance and compass direction from the passed position or object.
- [start, distance, direction] call BIS_fnc_relPos
- start: Object or Position - Object or position which should be used as initial point.
- distance: Number - Distance from initial point.
- direction: Number - Direction from the intial position.
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
[ [0,0,0], 1000, 50 ] call BIS_fnc_relPos;//[766.044,642.788,0]
- Posted on January 7, 2016 - 19:26 (UTC)
- Lawman Actual
- The function appears to work in two dimensions, and as such can be used to find the position of a target relative to the player if bearing and distance are known. However, if there is a significant change in elevation between yourself and the target, the distance registered on a ragefinder (which is measuring a 3 dimensional straight line) will always be larger than the two-dimensional value required for BIS_fnc_relPos and as such air-strikes and ordnance called in using such a function can miss by several hundred metres in extreme cases. Currently searching for a method which incorporates the azimuth of the rangefinder in calculation.